• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Language Barrier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majnoon

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2005
Messages
642
Reaction score
0
telephone exchange between a hotel guest and room-service at a hotel in Asia.

Room Service (RS): "Morrin. Roon sirbees."
Guest (G): "Sorry, I thought I dialed room-service."
RS: "Rye..Roon sirbees..morrin! Jewish to oddor sunteen??"
G: "Uh..yes..I'd like some bacon and eggs."
RS: "Ow July den?"
G: "What??"
RS: "Ow July den?...pryed, boyud, poochd?"
G : "Oh, the eggs! How do I like them?
Sorry, scrambled please."
RS: "Ow July dee baykem? Crease?"
G: "Crisp will be fine."
RS : "Hokay. An Sahn toes?"
G: "What?"
RS:"An toes. July Sahn toes?"
G: "I don't think so."
RS: "No? Judo wan sahn toes??"
G: "I feel really bad about this, but I don't know what 'judo wan sahn
toes'
means."
RS: "Toes! toes!...Why jew don juan toes? Ow bow Anglish moppin we
bodder?"
G: "English muffin!! I've got it! You were saying 'Toast.' Fine. Yes,
an English muffin will be fine."
RS: "We bodder?"
G: "No...just put the bodder on the side."
RS: "Wad?"
G: "I mean butter...just put it on the side."
RS: "Copy?"
G: "Excuse me?"
RS: "Copy...tea...meel?"
G: "Yes. Coffee, please, and that's all."
RS: "One Minnie. Scramah egg, crease baykem, Anglish moppin we bodder
on sigh and copy....rye??"
G: "Whatever you say."
RS: "Tenjewberrymuds."
G : "You're very welcome."
 
I can't understand a thing said by RS...

Edited : LOL, now I got it..

RS: "Tenjewberrymuds." Love it :-D
 
Lol, I was in a Chinese take-away restaurant in a very posh suburb in England, when this retired gentleman came in. The waitress said "Wah-Jew-Whan?" to him, and he just looked at her, so she said "Wah-Jew-Whan?" again, and he said "I beg your pardon?". So she said "Wah-Jew-Whan?" a third time, and he said "I'm sorry, but I have no idea what you are saying to me". I was nearly pissing myself laughing...
 
Asia? This is an everday occurrence everywhere you go here in the US. The little market down the street has this motion detected door chime. As you walk through it it says, "Danku fo comeen!" over and over as people walk in and out.. I don't even try to understand the people behind the counter. I just point, pay, and go about my day..
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom