• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale Leads.ca domain sale this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

hugegrowth

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2005
Messages
5,992
Reaction score
150
I was surprised to see leads.ca sold for only $5,000 (reported in the DNJournal report). I would think it's a solid xx,xxx domain. Looks like it was bought by an end user in the leads market. Given the size of the leads market, and this is the category killer .ca for it, I think it's worth more!
 
I do too! Someone got a great deal!
 
Yup, I was surprised as well. Great deal by the end user.
 
How would one know this was being auctioned for sale at this price? This had to have been done quietly, at 5K I know there would be a number of willing parties who would bid at that price...What went wrong with this sale?
 
We've all sold names for less that what we've wanted in the past. $5000 can pay some bills for sure. Maybe DW will fill us in on the details, he was listed as the seller.
 
What can I say. He caught me on an off day with a decent opening offer and I honestly just didn't feel like hassling.

I've also hit the magic 60 number and I'm looking at retirement soon. Even selling a domain like that every week or less I'd still be here 30 years from now. I'm telling customers I'm a lot more approachable than before :-) It also didn't hurt that I had close to 30k in sales in the last few weeks.

I still have saleslead .ca if anyone wants that one.
 
It's still a nice chunk of change, and I agree sometimes it's easier to sell when you know you have dozens or hundreds of equally good or better quality names.
 
Gordon -- Tell you what, next time your having an "off" day, send me an email first. I'd pay at least $10k for that domain :)
 
If the man doesn't need more money, he doesn't need more money. It is encouraging to see that there are people in this business not driven primarily by greed and know the secret of being content. $5000 is nothing to sneer at. DW could have gotten more but obviously had other priorities at the time.
 
PH, hope you didn't take my comment as a criticism of your post. I simply find DW's attitude refreshing. That's all. Thanks.
 
Gordon -- Tell you what, next time your having an "off" day, send me an email first. I'd pay at least $10k for that domain :)

Then let's consider every day an off day. Send me the 10k and I'll let you know what you bought :-)

I have a lot of domains to get rid of so if there is anything ANYONE has ever wanted now is the time. I'm hitting up end users and am getting far better prices than from domainers.

Truth is I've also put that domain in here in the past with no action.

So I'm going to post "License.ca" & "BusinessLicense.ca" next how's that?
 
Congrats and as for your new listings, great names, all the best here.
 
Congrats on this nice sale.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom