• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Leasing Domain Names

Status
Not open for further replies.

tttcash

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2006
Messages
30
Reaction score
0
Leasing out a domain while you keep the ownership of it.

How many are doing this? I know there are many members here that are renting out. How is everything going so far?

Am I right to think that leasing out a domain name while keeping ownership of it is one of the smartest moves a domain seller can do? Of course, have a proper contract ready to hopefully avoid problems.

Just change the nameservers for the person who is leasing it from you. If the person gives you trouble just change the nameservers back to the default.

Very profitable option.

I am starting to really get serious about leasing instead of selling. Have to way the options.
 
I would like to know more about this as well. Where can I find info?
 
Leasing works for me...most wont want to lease as they fear they build up on your domain when you can take it away at the end of lease/any other point.

If leasing make sure no blackhat seo is done on it as it can significatly hurt your domain.

if you want to buy professional lease contract pm me
 
memmst, lets say for example I wanted to lease Storage.us

1. How much would you charge me a month?

2. Would would you do if I don't pay? Would it be just a simple changing of nameservers?

I am just trying to see how all this works

Thanks memmst for offering a professional lease contract. I will definitely keep you in mind when I get all this started.
 
memmst, lets say for example I wanted to lease Storage.us

1. How much would you charge me a month?

2. Would would you do if I don't pay? Would it be just a simple changing of nameservers?

I am just trying to see how all this works

Thanks memmst for offering a professional lease contract. I will definitely keep you in mind when I get all this started.


1. As much as i see i can
2. Yes,Change nameservers.

Sometimes leasing on a pay per performance also works (lead generation mostly) and it makes the company that wants to lease more comfortable...but in these cases make sure as much as you can that they know what they're doing to make it succesful
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom