• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Lesson learned

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitebark

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2006
Messages
3,026
Reaction score
26
I learned a lesson I thought wouldn't happen to me. I found a great typo last night of a very popular Canadian website and thought I would wait until I was done school today to register it. Well, of course it was gone.

Never will I let that happen again. To the fellow from Belgium who grabbed it - &*#*^%! :smile:
 
Life is filled with lessons learned. Its better to learn sooner then later. Now when that better name comes along, you wont make the same mistake.
 
Hey, I was the one to register it so &*#*^% you too
 
Hey, I was the one to register it so &*#*^% you too

LOL - must be a mind reader too because I never said which domain it was! And your profile says Boston - last I looked Boston is in MA not NW Europe!
 
I almost registered 'acnefree' .ca last year, but went for 'adultacne' instead. Now I just read on the boards here that it gets a little type in traffic and good ppc. Developped it could probably do even better. The reason I didn't reg it was because I thought there was a trademark on that term, there is a product by that name but checking it out more now it might not be trademarked.

Is regging typos of sites a good idea? Can't they just end you up in a dispute anyway? The typos I like best is when the typo still spells a word, or it's just a matter or adding or taking away an 's' - plural.

What is the popular canadian site in question here?
 
LOL - must be a mind reader too because I never said which domain it was! And your profile says Boston - last I looked Boston is in MA not NW Europe!

:caked: Only messing with ya Whitebark
:focus:
 
I know Deluxe!

Hugegrowth - it was a canada dot com typo. And where did you read I got acnefree.ca?(edit - doh - I should read more closely to what is written before my beady little eyes!) I thought it was TM'ed too, but I like you don't think it's definitive at this point - rather generic term if you ask me. At three to four type-ins a day now and a great return per click it's not bad parked. It needs to be developed and I've gathered some articles for a simple site but it will have to wait until midterms are over.

I did reg a canada dot ca typo as well but it's not getting much yet.
 
saw the acne domain in a sales thread here, I guess it was your thread!
and yes, it does seem like a generic term. if I could go back I'd probably reg it now.
 
Does your adultacne get any traffic?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom