• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale LLLL.ca - yes or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hugegrowth

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2005
Messages
5,992
Reaction score
150
With the popularity of LLLL.com's now, especially pronouncable ones, what do you think about the future of LLLL.ca's? Maybe not enough of us Canadians to support an LLLL market?
 
Seems buoyant enough to me to support and grow pronounceable and brandable LLLL.ca domains. I'd certainly love a few at reg fee.
 
I guess that depends on the quality of the letters/word. I would like to see the lll.ca market heat up a little before i speculate when LLLL.ca will grow. I think that eventually they will be worth it. But when???? And for how long do you want to hold them???
 
llll.ca has potential. we're accustom to acronyms here, especially gov sites. it's not uncommon at all. i have one in fact thats earned nicely, averaging $1.28 p/day. I wont be regging any but if a significant one knocks on my door i dont mind ponying up for it.
 
You knicked a 4 letter .ca in the drop last week that I wanted Kevin...:)
 
i know the one.. i bid high on it via proxy bid. It's one of the better ones. The first few days i keyworded it with real-estate in canada type. heres the first few days.. day one was just an hour or so.
Sat, Nov 17th, 2007 US$ 2.39 21 1 % 4.76 US$ 2.39 US$ 114.00
Fri, Nov 16th, 2007 US$ 3.08 60 3 % 5.00 US$ 1.03 US$ 51.31
Thu, Nov 15th, 2007 US$ 0.33 65 2 % 3.08 US$ 0.16 US$ 5.07
Wed, Nov 14th, 2007 US$ 0.70 2 1 % 50.00 US$ 0.70 US$ 349.65

Then thought I'd give it a go under it's historic use in the medical field. and its ctr went up but the avg ppc went down.
Thu, Nov 22nd, 2007 US$ 0.99 43 9 % 20.93 US$ 0.11 US$ 23.02
Wed, Nov 21st, 2007 US$ 3.06 50 8 % 16.00 US$ 0.38 US$ 61.20
Tue, Nov 20th, 2007 US$ 2.31 66 9 % 13.64 US$ 0.26 US$ 35.04
Mon, Nov 19th, 2007 US$ 0.17 66 1 % 1.52 US$ 0.17 US$ 2.52
Sun, Nov 18th, 2007 US$ 0.12 23 2 % 8.70 US$ 0.06 US$ 5.31

I'd like to keep it in real estate but the obvious ctr decline would kill any remnant of incoming clickers. I chose real-estate as the 4 letters were a great choice for the Canadian Housing and Renewal Association

It will definately taper off in several months, but it's still a great LLLL.ca evenwithout a history.

burp!ca
 
I though maybe the
Canadian/Calgary Hot Rod Association was what first came to my mind..
Canadian/Calgary Home Renovators Assoc would work also....you do carpentry don't you?

Many more possibilities...nice snag..
 
picked up a lll today mlas will see how it pans out :D
 
....you do carpentry don't you?

Yupp, Strictly Cabinetry.

And I agree, it's a nice snag... the traffic is luck however. I honestly didnt expect more than a few a day.

picked up a lll today mlas will see how it pans out :D

Not a bad political LLLL.ca

MLA's, Can have a list and perhaps some background. I have no idea on the click value though.

Heres a crapload from NB

http://app.infoaa.7700.gnb.ca/gnb/pub/ListMLA1.asp
http://app.infoaa.7700.gnb.ca/gnb/pub/MLAReport1.asp
 
On the face of it I would have to say it might be a bit early unless it's a clear word used often, or acronym known to many... then I looked at my .ca list and I see I already have four LLLL.ca's! LOL So by that reckoning - yes to LLLL.ca's.
 
@kevin mostly took it as a typo of mls, thanks for the info on mla's :D

Cheers,

Jay
 
I never even considered the mls typo.. thats a busy site. Any luck with the typo traffic ?

That 4 letter i snagged is holding strong after 2 weeks. had a 7$ day even.

14 day stats:
US$ 35.56 703 90 % 12.80 US$ 0.40 US$ 50.59

makes me wanna burp!ca
 
Some nice revenue there Kev, its getting between 15-30 hits a day at bodis and is converting. I'm pretty happy with it :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom