• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

LLLL.com becoming scarce?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainEngineer

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2003
Messages
657
Reaction score
0
Just checked for LLLL.com domains and looks like supply will become scarce in just few more months.

Domains with premium letters appear to be gone already.

Any thoughts if all 4 LETTERS will be taken?
 
They will be, thats inevitable.

What they will garner is anyone's guess.

I have a list of LLLL.com but I don't want to spend any cash on it.

From what I see it's mostly resellers passing them back and forth and stockpiling for some day in the future.

Follow suit or move along I guess.


Jay
 
I'd like to know the answer to this too...if there is one. :)
 
It's all about supply and demand. Today it's hard to predict their future price. I'd say the whole domain industry may tank if companies like Google reach their goals in 'organizing the World Information'.
 
so how many LLLL.com are left as of today? any one has any idea?
 
Thanks for the link Rick...very helpful.
 
This to me is one of the very interesting questions today in the domain industry. What happens to the value of LLLL.com once they are all registered?

I registered twelve more today (hardly a dent in the 60,000 that are out there) because they fit a nich I am speculating on, but I am beginning to wonder have many LLLL.com are just changing hands between speculators/investors.
 
I guess we are all uncertain about their future.

But I got some because I do not want to miss the boat this time.

I was a non-believer in 3-characters and 3-letters in the past and didn't see that they be this expensive one day. I could have had registered 1000s of 3 letters and 3 characters if I wanted. But I didn't and I can't tell you how much I regret today.

But not taking any chance on 4-letter ones.

Just my 2 cents.
 
My estimates of LLLL.com

April 2005: 140,000
Dec 2005: 110,000
Today: 60,000

However, I'm expecting in the more immediate future, the CCC.net and CCC.org domains to run out. The CCC.info ran out last month. The CCC.net has around 429 left (listed on the following page:http://lt96.com/2006/09/04/3-character-net-the-last-2.aspx) I think they will run out this week. The CCC.org is being sold for only $1.49 at resellerclub.com and whiz.in(to asain, african and south american markets).
 
so will the LLLL domains that are available today become the LLL domains of the future? there seems to be lots of difference in "will they ever make any more money?"

will they really go up?
 
most of them are being bought by speculators and I can't see any long term value for most of them... unless pronouncable
 
Looking at the registration stat for LLLL.com at dyyo.com, there is the big spike on nov 2001. Nucom took about 8000 4 letter domains in a single shot. Based on the fact that they don't drop their domains and quite a few are listed as sold, I think they are making money.

So my suggestion is that as long as you pick the best 4 letter domain currently available, you are always in the money.
 
3par: your site tracking LLLL.com is great.......very helpful.

Thanks.
 
3par: your site tracking LLLL.com is great.......very helpful.

Thanks.

You are welcome.

I will publish Aug LLLL.com registration data tomorrow, in gold cafe.
 
Well....I have made a big bet.

I got over 1400 LLLL .COM domains.

The supply will end in few months at the current rate of registration.

Lets see how it all plays out.

Almost 10,000 LLLL regsitered in just last 7 days or so.....

Thanks.
 
53669 left as of today. Someone got over 7000 yesterday alone.
 
I think the LLLL market is being exaggerated and stretched pretty far. Too many bad letter combinations and while you can claim scarcity..it's not true. There will be thousands of domainers owning names. What's the total combination of possible LLLL's? 1/2 million? more? It's insane to think that you can get great money one day for XFRZ.com when it's competing against FXRZ.com. I have a few select LLLL.com's that are either pronouncable or are an acronym. I suggest those looking for value stick to that. I believe 3 char .NETs will raise in value faster and you can still get those...plus it's cheaper to register .NETs. I have about 100 so far but I want to acrue another 100-300 more. Shorter is ALWAYS better.
 
456,976 possible LLLL.com (26x the amount of LLL)

They will go...it won't be linear...but they will fall...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom