• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Long Domain Name (15 letters+) logo examples

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onward

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2006
Messages
2,937
Reaction score
47
Hi,
Please help me by directing me to examples of good logos you have noticed for longer 2-3 word domain names (with websites).

I have a 2 word domain I am developing and will need a logo and would love to see some effective examples.

Please post the URL here if you have seen one.

Thanks!
 
http://www.nytimes.com/
http://www.washingtonpost.com/
most newspapers have long names, but the logos are very simple.
http://adultfriendfinder.com/
http://careerbuilder.com/
https://www.bankofamerica.com/
http://worldofwarcraft.com/
http://sportsline.com/


From these alexa top 100 examples they either go
plain jane with WordWord.com and maybe a color scheme for each word.
Word Word [image] like bank of america and their flag
Shortened version of the domain, cbs sportsline just uses cbs sports
World of Warcraft, lousy logo imo, uses 2 lines to make it fit

gl
 
Logos are visual compositions of text and graphics that deliver a message and convey the identity of a service or a product - not just plain arrays of text. That's why whoever says they make a "logo" for $15 is pulling your leg (or you've set your standards pretty low).
 
im aware of this, but none of the big sites are using such logos is what im trying to say.

I've been browsing the top 100 sites on alexa for different countries at random. So far this is the only example of a logo that I could really find. And even still its not really logo.
http://www.myhotcomments.com/graphics.php
 
Thanks for the sites...

I know a logo is going to cost at least $500...not interested in a $15 logo....

Please keep posting site url's...if anyone has seen others particularly effective.
 
Hi,
Please help me by directing me to examples of good logos you have noticed for longer 2-3 word domain names (with websites).

I have a 2 word domain I am developing and will need a logo and would love to see some effective examples.

Please post the URL here if you have seen one.

Thanks!


Nice stuff here at this member's website:

http://www.zenlogo.com/
 
Thanks for the examples...I have a few good ideas to work with here. Post anymore here if you come accross them.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom