• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

looking for programmer with top knowledge....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClickHoldem

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
545
Reaction score
0
If you know of a programmer that is what you would consider the best of the best please pm me and let me know....I'll make sure to give you referral $DF with a credible lead. I am not so sure I will find the right person I'm seeking which happens to be a topnotch programmer/developer that is willing to take on the paid job of taking me to the next level in all of web development. Thank you for your time and effort helping me out here guys, I really hope to find the right person, and it would really be nice to find someone near Houston/Dallas area. Cheers.

CH
 
Some advice would be to save yourself some money and wasted time by taking classes on your own. There are plenty of online classes and books to help out.

The reason I say that is while programming is technical, it is also an art. Learning from the top notch programmer in the world isn't going to make you the best programmer. But learning and implementing while thinking outside the box will.

I hope that came across the correct way. :)
 
You have a good point. I should clarify this by saying I do not intend to be the best programmer. I learn much better hands on and working one on one with someone. I appreciate your comments about learning and implementing while thinking outside the box...well put. Thanks.

CH
 
Creativity is the key.
Technology is a tool to turn the key.
When you are creative enough, you will find the right technology to get it rolling.
 
http://www.w3schools.com/php/default.asp.
When you have something in mind, you will know what you are looking for. Just read the specs of the tags needed, and refer to your requirement, it's not hard to get things working. After putting things together, start debugging, and finally look for some techniques to optimize the performance.
 
You can also get books which will show you how to do things step by step. When you do the examples, you'll get a "hands on" experience.

Also, it's going to be hard to find a programmer willing to take the time to teach you. His response will be much like mine and Alien's hehe.

I highly recommend the "For Dummies" books. I'm not saying you're a dummy but they do a good job at explaining things and leaving all the technical mobo jumbo out.
 
Thank you meganerd and Alien for your time considerate responses. I did give this more thought and I think I would be best to purchase lynda.com tutorials. I am currently intermediate developer.....but as I hear web development is pretty much a subject that keeps you studying new techniques and makes you stay on top of your knowledge. Thanks Again guys.

CH
 
No problem.

It's true: It is a constant learning process. I think you're putting too much pressure on yourself. Relax and explore! If you're like me, you'll like seeing how everything works and get a thrill when you can make it work yourself. There are plenty of open source programs and script where you can get sample code and practice modifying them.
 
Could you tell me what exactly you need done (privately if needed), because I know a few programmers whom know extensively different aspects of programming and want to give you the right person for the job, as opposed to 25 different people.

Jason
 
Guru.com is a great way to find programmers and other contract workers.
 
thanks for the link...surprised I was unaware of them with that name..mmmm..nice site.

CH
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom