• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Looking for site building software

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoubleClick

.::Piramidé Aficionado::.
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2005
Messages
142
Reaction score
0
I'm looking for a piece of software and I don't know what it's called.

This software will use a template system and data mining operation to build automatic websites of a specific topic.

It will usually place a random selection of (x# of) links to it's other pages in the left sidebar, right sidebar or footer.

It usually uses a custom title and description list and custom page naming operation.

It is not a cloaker, it builds static html (rather prefer .php) pages.

Any ideas what it is that I'm looking for and where to find it?

Thank you,

.:: DC ::.
 
No idea what it's called, but it sounds like something Google will ban soon (if not already)
 
I'm kinda looking for the same thing, and thanks for the link to site-o-mat. Anybody have experience using this?
 
Prosperous said:

Exactly !

I think I can code it up to work with some datamining software. Perfect. Thank you.


madcamel, IMO it's pretty hard for an SE to ban a piece of utility software.

That's like Yahoo banning PuTTY.

.::DC::.
 
Can anyone explain in detail what exactly this is/ what its used for? It automatically makes a site for you, but you have to give it indexed pages or it copies them from other sites (wouldn't that be simply stealing others websites). Thanks !
 
Well, there are various sites that allow you to mine their data as well as many resource sites who also allow you to mine their data provided whatever copyright or GNU Free Documentation License is left intact.

You would then point any data mining equipment to the site which has the subject material you wish to mine. Say, apples.

Then your spider would return a bunch of data about apples, of which you would upload this information into this script along with a template and instructions for output, keywords, descriptions and push the button.

The end result would be a site about apples which contains links to your other site pages about apples, and possibly, other people's RSS feeds on the subject of apples.

You would then have an "apple targeted" web site.

The script itself doesn't "copy" anything. You have to give it the data to use. It builds the pages how you tell it to build them and then links them all together.

.::DC::.
 
Ah thats really cool; especially for a newb that has tons of names but doesn't know what to do with them... is anyone here actually using this program? Would it be difficult for a noob/ how is it? thanks !
 
I haven't bought that script yet, but I plan to buy it. I have a pile of work to finish up before I think about trying out a new software app.

Ease of use? I would say it depends on your definition of noobie.

If you have some grasp of the SE work and script installation/operation then it shouldn't be terribly difficult, you'll just have to follow the learning curve.

Remember, you'll probably want to build your own templates and they'll likely need certain tags inserted into them to tell the software how to build, and you'll need a source for content.

You need to have a plan to monetize the traffic from them and a way to make sure everything you build is expandable and somehow interlocked with each other.

IMO, scripts are a necessary part of life. I couldn't imagine doing what I do without using multiple scripts and software on a daily basis.

Otherwise, you could simply park your names with a good company or you could host them and easily build a blog network with the names.

In the end, nothing is easy except failure. If you're going to make a lot of money, you're going to do a lot of work no matter which route you choose. It's hard for people who don't work online to accept that we don't just "sit on" the computer all day and that it really is a full time + job.

.::DC::.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom