Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Looking for Tips/Advice: Need to earn $10k+ selling domains this month

Status
Not open for further replies.

midgetlov

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Assuming I've got a pretty decent portfolio...few hundred domains...average value of low-mid x,xxx/domain. ("Average Value" = "Realistic price I'd consider selling the name for")

I'm wondering if anyone would be willing to share a few tips on how to proactively generate $10k+ in domain sales this month (May) without simply selling for pennies on the dollar.

The reason I need it this month is simply because I'd like to enter the World Series of Poker by using domain sales to fund it... :)

Cheers,

Midgetlov

Domain Summit 2024

scrsteven

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Perhaps PM your list with approximate pricing to some buyers (like me) to review and potentially send you some offers.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Cut your expectations - we all like to claim our domain average value is high - and thus achieve more sales.

midgetlov

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
First of all...thanks for the responses so far!

Perhaps PM your list with approximate pricing to some buyers (like me) to review and potentially send you some offers.
Main issue with this approach is I refuse to SPAM anyone and would hate to be viewed as a spammer by sending it someone that doesn't want to receive it...but I'm definitely open to sending it to anyone that would like to check it out. Simply PM me if interested.

Cut your expectations - we all like to claim our domain average value is high - and thus achieve more sales.
Great input...and one of the more challenging things for me to do since I determine a domain's value a bit differently than most. Realistic prices are definitely going to be key to making this happen.

...offer them the domain for $100 to no more then $395! That's my secret and it works!
Might work for you, but don't think this approach is up my alley. It's not that I think all of my domains have a "market value" higher than $400...simply the fact that a single sub-$400 sale doesn't add enough short-term value for me to consider selling it vs. obtaining the long-term value from developing it.

Thanks again for the input...all of it is greatly appreciated and not falling on deaf ears! Would love to keep this going with a few more responses and/or additional ideas if possible.

Cheers,

Midgetlov

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you need to raise cash in a short time period, it is unlikely that all the perfect end users are going to show up within a 30 day period to buy your names. So like mentioned here you will very likely have to consider lowering your ideal price for each name.

Start with listing them here in the sales section, if they are truly valuable names you'll get replies.

Another option is to start an auction for your names on Boxcar.com - I've seen names on there getting bids in the xxxx range. It costs $2 per name to list, and you'll get some exposure.

You could also contact some domain brokers because they often have lists of people who buy certain types of names.

Trying to get top dollar in a short period is hard to do, even with the best .com's as we've seen in auctions in recent years.

midgetlov

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info on Boxcar...I'll definitely check it out.

Cheers,

Midgetlov

RustyK

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The reason I need it this month is simply because I'd like to enter the World Series of Poker by using domain sales to fund it... :)

Cheers,

Midgetlov

So you want to make money to buy a seat in the WPT which I love to watch on tv. Do you think that you're that good huh?. How long have you've been playing?. Who is the old man?. Who is called the 'mouth of the south'?. What beats a royal flush?. Who is the Ng girl dating?.

Anyways we should have a game or two on FB sometimes eh.

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Assuming I've got a pretty decent portfolio...few hundred domains...average value of low-mid x,xxx/domain. ("Average Value" = "Realistic price I'd consider selling the name for")

I'm wondering if anyone would be willing to share a few tips on how to proactively generate $10k+ in domain sales this month (May) without simply selling for pennies on the dollar.

List them.

Put them in exclusive sales section if you don't want it to show up in google, and you won't have to put a name in the title.

To answer the question though, the best way is to pick up the phone and start calling possible buyers.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
midgetlov said:
I'd like to enter the World Series of Poker by using domain sales to fund it... :)

If you want to play the the Main Event you should have some skills/success already.

• If your current bankroll is 10k+ use it.
  • Build your bankroll to 10k online then use it.
  • Win a seat by winning a satellite
  • Sell shares in yourself to friends/family.

midgetlov

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do you think that you're that good huh?.
Good enough to cash...hoping to get into the top 400 at least. Gotta get lucky to take 1st in a tournament this large though.

How long have you've been playing?
Since about 1996. Started with 5-card stud...but changed to Hold'em once I learned about it after watching Rounders. :)

Who is the old man?. Who is called the 'mouth of the south'?. What beats a royal flush?. Who is the Ng girl dating?
LOL. Not sure about all these since I don't watch poker too often, but I'll take a crack at it: Brunson / Mike Matusow / Nothing - Unless you're holding a lower straight flush in a cash game and get paid on a huge Bad Beat pot / No idea...my random guess would be Erick Lindgren

Anyways we should have a game or two on FB sometimes eh.
Would love to...unfortunately I'm the last person on Earth who isn't on FB. If that changes, I'll let ya know. Although...there's a new service called somehting like, Home Poker Game (by either Full-Tilt or PokerStars)...basically you can set up an online poker room which can only be accessed by invitation code. Would be fun to get a bunch of DNFrs online to play a bit.

If you want to play the the Main Event you should have some skills/success already. If your current bankroll is 10k+ use it. Build your bankroll to 10k online then use it. Win a seat by winning a satellite Sell shares in yourself to friends/family.
Current bankroll is pretty close...simply wanted to see if I could take care of it via domaining. ;)

To answer the question though, the best way is to pick up the phone and start calling possible buyers.
Agree 100%...already in the process of identifying prospects.

Thanks again everyone for the comments!

Midgetlov

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom