• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Looks like Google got in trouble..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jernet

Old DNF'ef
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2003
Messages
2,174
Reaction score
0
I was searching at google for 'free wallpaper' when I came upon this. Hope it is still here when you visit the link (it is where site #90 would be):

http://www.google.com/search?q=free...1&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2005-09,GGLD:en&start=80&sa=N

"In response to a complaint we received under the US Digital Millennium Copyright Act, we have removed 1 result(s) from this page. If you wish, you may read the DMCA complaint that caused the removal(s) at ChillingEffects.org."


Maybe somebody can take a screenshot of it? I don't know how. I thought maybe this would be helpful to those who 'borrow' other people's images and use them as their own.
 
They did this with the keyword "kazaa" a while back.
 
First time I haver really noticed this stuff. The net is changing I guess.
 
To take a screenshot, press the "Print Screen" key up on the top right side of the keyboard.

Then go into an image editing program like paint, photoshop, etc, and paste it into a file, and then save. :-)

That's interesting. Actually it doesn't look like Google got in trouble.. it's more along the lines of that website that was removed got in trouble. That's why they are no longer listed. Let that be a lesson I guess. I'm sure "free wallpapers" is a pretty common search term too, so many people will see that.
 
007 said:
To take a screenshot, press the "Print Screen" key up on the top right side of the keyboard.

Then go into an image editing program like paint, photoshop, etc, and paste it into a file, and then save. :-)

That's interesting. Actually it doesn't look like Google got in trouble.. it's more along the lines of that website that was removed got in trouble. That's why they are no longer listed. Let that be a lesson I guess. I'm sure "free wallpapers" is a pretty common search term too, so many people will see that.

Thanks for the help on the screenshot. Now I see why I could never do it, as I have no image editing software on my cpu lol.

At any rate, you are right. I think Google was the one being badgered, but the site in question was the one who got in trouble.

Free wallpaper(s) is an extremely high search term. I am sure these guys will miss the traffic. I wonder if Yahoo and MSN will follow suit if they have not already?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom