• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Loosing sales?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clevercast

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
May 19, 2004
Messages
205
Reaction score
2
Hiya All,

Who else here is loosing sales because they don't have paypal? I use epassporte and moneybookers and I've never had any problems with either.

ePassporte was very easy and quick to sign up for.

Thoughts?

Peace,
Lee
 
firstly, its losing sales, not loosing sales...

I have never used anything other than Paypal, although am I not its biggest fan there really aren't any other major choices since 95% of the players in this game also use it.

Unless it was a really big/great deal, I would probably not do business with someone through MoneyBookers or EPassporte.
 
I am having the same problems as well, i dont have paypal and i cant get into any good deal :( but i cant do anything because everyuone likes to trade via paypal only! I cant even withdraw my DNF$ from out of here :(
 
I know what you mean. It's like if you don't have paypal you have some sort of disease or something. Which is a real shame. You would think that they would take other payment methods to make a sale. My money is as green as other peoples and it spends at stores too!

Peace,
Lee
 
Yep, true! Its like they are creating a monopoly for Paypal, and its the same people who are against Microsoft's monopoly!
 
clevercast said:
I know what you mean. It's like if you don't have paypal you have some sort of disease or something. Which is a real shame. You would think that they would take other payment methods to make a sale. My money is as green as other peoples and it spends at stores too!

Peace,
Lee
Hi Lee
Like many other sellers here, I accept direct deposit to bank account by wire.
You only need to ask a seller in a PM if thare are other payment options
For example I accept paymate
 
Well mostly people tend to stick to paypal, but thats another case, i guess we need to sort out the payment options before we start a deal.
 
For my sales which are mostly in the $250 to $1000 range I use the following non-paypal methods, together with approximate percentage of sales:

sedo.com external transfers 40%
transfer to UK bank account 10% (mainly for European purchasers)
escrow.com 5% (mainly larger sales)
Western Union 1% (mainly smaller sales)
US$ cheques 0.5% (NetSol and awkward institutions)

I find it's just a question of negotating the best solution. For me US$ cheque is a very bad solution, but I use it as a last resort.

Obviously for sales at the $10 to $50 level non of the above options (except for cheque) are very good due to the fees involved.
 
In sedo you can put your money on hold and then withdraw it whenever you feel like, so you can have a few 10-50$ sales and then withdraw it out.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom