• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Low Overture Domains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Domains

DNF Addict
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2004
Messages
1,417
Reaction score
29
Is anyone consistently making a profit from parking "low overture" domains?

I find available "low overture" domains every day in the droplists, (by low I'm talking 25-50 OVT), but always pass them up. I don't bother registering names with OVT less than about 60-70 myself. For example, a couple of days ago I found these available:

cytkc.com - 26 OVT
ckforums.com - 30 OVT
thefurniturebank.org - 32 OVT
mrformalmenstuxedo.com - 26 OVT
asiascale.com - 27 OVT
dnacustomhomes.com - 27 OVT
texanscan.com - 39 OVT

The following day they were all taken, which means that people are registering them, and I see DNForum members snapping up these 30-40 OVT names on a daily basis.

So is this just a case of newbies getting over-excited by anything that has an overture scrore, or can you actually make money from registering and parking these low overture names?

I'm not looking for "one off" examples, because anyone can find a example of one domain with no OVT that still turns a profit, but does anybody have a portfolio with dozens of these under 50 OVT names that consistently make money?
 
that's what im trying to find out too. i guess the only way you can find out is trial and error, unless someone has already tried this. it would seem logical that names with 25-50 OVT make some money consistently, if some names with no OVT do that as well. ppl always tell me that OVT is not an absolute measure of potential success of a particular name, but it's the best we have at the moment
 
I reg any US ovt w/ext 25 and up with TRUE overture , 99.99% of the drop lists are false overture from "soon to expire list" queries., people want to see if there is a website and indexed pages under the name in case it does drop and they want to backorder., creating a false ovt score , you will see the following month with all these that the score goes away.
 
it's possible to find maaaany names with ovt w/ext 25-75 that were never ever registered in this way avoiding the problems of dropped domains.
 
mistermouse63 said:
it's possible to find maaaany names with ovt w/ext 25-75 that were never ever registered in this way avoiding the problems of dropped domains.

It's possible how? ;-)
Perhaps you could enlighten us...

And SearchSix, thanks for your contribution, so if you don't use droplists, what lists do you scan?
 
Hard work

THE DROPS - look for linkpop , 200+ linkpop gets my attention, then go check where every link is actually located , if its linkfarm move on immediately , if there is good location on some links then its a go.

OVT W/EXT - look for 1,000+ ovt w/ext domains , then create a list of typos of those domains to scan. , some details I really don't want to post , sorry.
 
the OVT score is f.... up much more often than before even for high values score.

take example the
asiascale.com 25
tha mrdomain posted.....
if you query it now is 26747 !!!!!
I had it on my list to get it...OVT score (was 25) and
around May mid when ovt changed showed over 26k !!!!
quite amazing :)
 
Thanks Searchsix, this is all very valuable information, and I understand you wanting to keep your best secrets close to your chest. So do you go for purely Google linkpop, or does it matter if it's Yahoo or MSN?

Missedcall you are correct, asiascale.com is showing 26747 OVT now. What's up with that?!?
 
this is very weird. I scanned asiascale.com for typos and there are no typos with ovt. This is very strange for a name with 26k ovt w/ext. I think the ovt score must be some kind of error
 
there no typos - links or traffic old website...the score is wrong ..
and increased after dn expired and re-registered.
that's is at least suspicious if you know what I mean
 
petrosc said:
I think the ovt score must be some kind of error

I think that's a given, seeing as the ovt was only 25 a couple of days ago. The question is how and why! :laugh:
 
Mr.Domains said:
It's possible how? ;-)
Perhaps you could enlighten us...

ccTLDs:) but you need to local languages to find good names... english doent help much to understand the specificities of less popular languages, neither does german or french. there are about 200 countries in the world, plenty of space for everyone, at least for now
 
Mr.Domains said:
I think that's a given, seeing as the ovt was only 25 a couple of days ago. The question is how and why! :laugh:

If anybody thinks that he may have an explanation, I'd love to hear it. Its the first time I see something like this...
 
u can send thousands queries to OVT for a domain - increase the OVT score so in the next month u can sell the dn as is , without traffic stats - some scammers make good $ from this

I am not saying that's what happened on the above dn - this may be an OVT error after all
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom