• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Lowest of lowball offers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterMan

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2005
Messages
1,518
Reaction score
1
I hear a lot of people complaining about lowball offers, well today I had an offer on a decent dictionary word .ca... I know the market for these is not huge yet, but I feel it is only going to get better, and this name has some traffic and some revenue... Anyway, the person had the audacity to submit an offer of $1.00 from the ND parked page... :rolleyes:
 
I hear a lot of people complaining about lowball offers, well today I had an offer on a decent dictionary word .ca... I know the market for these is not huge yet, but I feel it is only going to get better, and this name has some traffic and some revenue... Anyway, the person had the audacity to submit an offer of $1.00 from the ND parked page... :rolleyes:

that is obscene! :eek:
 
like in any business if you want to make money you have to buy low and sell high. The biggest lowballer I know is Justin Godfrey - if you get a $60 offer for your domain name
(50$ deducted by sedo.com, and you have only $10 left) - you can be absolutely sure this is him! So, for me he wins the award :-)
 
if you get a $60 offer for your domain name
(50$ deducted by sedo.com, and you have only $10 left) - you can be absolutely sure this is him! :-)

I have had quite a few of these. Waste of time and effort.
 
like in any business if you want to make money you have to buy low and sell high. The biggest lowballer I know is Justin Godfrey - if you get a $60 offer for your domain name
(50$ deducted by sedo.com, and you have only $10 left) - you can be absolutely sure this is him! So, for me he wins the award :-)

LOL I had been wondering :yes:
 
well, he has a very good sales, so as I stated at the beginning

buy low sell high and nothing will change
 
Anyway, the person had the audacity to submit an offer of $1.00 from the ND parked page... :rolleyes:

Could have been worse at 99 cents. Maybe he misplaced the decimal point. :P
 
...the person had the audacity to submit an offer of $1.00 from the ND parked page... :rolleyes:

Don't feel bad. On ND, instead of getting offers for my domains, I get messages from people looking for jobs. :sigh2:
 
lots of $1 offers on generics.. not a new trend
 
Don't feel bad. On ND, instead of getting offers for my domains, I get messages from people looking for jobs. :sigh2:

That's a hint it may be good to develop! What's the domain?
 
Recently I was approached by someone who wanted TFU.COM and very generously offered "to compensate the registration fees I paid in the past five years".
 
another one is a message you receive asking if u would like to swap ur $ XXX .com with a obscure ABC33D.BZ :upset:
 
Well look at the bright side atleast you guys get offers :p
 
Sedo is a great place to get lowballs if you don't set a minimum amount to filter out the time wasters.
 
I'll be happy to meet this generous man :D


Recently I was approached by someone who wanted TFU.COM and very generously offered "to compensate the registration fees I paid in the past five years".
 
Recently I was approached by someone who wanted TFU.COM and very generously offered "to compensate the registration fees I paid in the past five years".


I thought you were based in Neterlands, not Scotland! :smilewinkgrin:
 
The $1 offer is usually just a way of opening a dialogue - I've had a few of these, some went on to buy names (at decent prices), some didn't.

At the other end of the scale, I've been offered $1,000,000,000 for a name; needless to say, I countered.....
 
At the other end of the scale, I've been offered $1,000,000,000 for a name; needless to say, I countered.....

I hope you countered with an even higher figure! :cheesy:
 
just got PM lowball - $3800 for LLL.com :lol:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom