• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Make Telemarketers PAY YOU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2006
Messages
14,984
Reaction score
1,302
Fed up with those annoying calls? You're not the only one.
http://redtape.msnbc.com/2007/02/suing_telemarke.html#posts

-------------------------------------------
“It specifically deals with unwanted calls,” he said. “For each violation, there is a $500 penalty.” Who gets that money? The call recipient. Lammé read on and found he didn’t have to hire a high-priced attorney to pursue the penalty fees – he could file the case himself.

So far, Lammé has won $6,000 in judgments against telemarketers in three cases. He's not a lawyer, but by filing in small claims court, he's spent no more than $100 in court fees and scarcely more than an hour of his time on any case. Now he wants you to do it, too.

In two prior cases, Lammé didn't even have to go to court. Two other companies settled with him for about $2,500 after he filed his case.

--------------------------------------------

:hail: Part of this article also contains a section on HOW TO FILE.:first:
 
Just one word really - 'BRILLIANT!'
 
wow great info! shame ive got a blocker thing on my phone so i get no cold callers now lol

Thanks!
 
I collected over $50K doing this in the 1990's. I spend the money on domains which turned out to be the best investment i ever made. here is a news release from one of my cases:

http://www.fcc.gov/eb/News_Releases/consumernet.html

I also collected on companies who used to take fax numbers from the whois to send me junk faxes.
 
I collected over $50K doing this in the 1990's. I spend the money on domains which turned out to be the best investment i ever made. here is a news release from one of my cases:

http://www.fcc.gov/eb/News_Releases/consumernet.html

I also collected on companies who used to take fax numbers from the whois to send me junk faxes.
BRAVO!!! I knew this was not new information as I had heard about it in the past (you, perhaps?). But the thought of being able to contest this yourself in small claims court was very appealing!

And this person has already had two settlements prior to the hearing! Add that to the $6,000 in judgments and its not a bad concept or payday.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom