• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

making your domain private?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anonzymuz

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2007
Messages
70
Reaction score
0
do most of u guys set ur domain to private or pay that extra $1 for it?
..that is hiding your info ie- name, addy, #
 
I never do. Personal choice. I want to be found. Good outweighs the bad.
 
Good domains - Public - I made several sales from end-users contacting me from who is info.
Trouble Names : TM, etc... - private.

John
 
Good domains - Public - I made several sales from end-users contacting me from who is info.
Trouble Names : TM, etc... - private.

John

Good strategy John.

My strategy: domains to keep for myself - private. Anything else - public.
 
I usually only set privacy on domains that I use for email.
I don't own any domains with "issues" :)
 
when u reg with godaddy....privacy comes free.....i guess i shouldnt opt for it is what it seems like everybody is recommending....all my sites are private......#$#$!!!!....:(...lol
 
ahh very interesting.. i private all my domains.. but i register 3 at a time at godaddy so u get it for free... but i like that strat, keep public the good ones :)
 
ahh very interesting.. i private all my domains.. but i register 3 at a time at godaddy so u get it for free... but i like that strat, keep public the good ones :)

Good way to get free privacy at GD. :yes: I hope eNom and Moniker would do the same thing.
 
Good way to get free privacy at GD. :yes: I hope eNom and Moniker would do the same thing.

dont know if u guys know this but the .info's are only $1, so if you register like 1 .com and 2.info's you'll get free privacy. Normally privacy costs $3 perdomain, so why pay $3 each when you can just register 2 .info's :)
 
dont know if u guys know this but the .info's are only $1, so if you register like 1 .com and 2.info's you'll get free privacy. Normally privacy costs $3 perdomain, so why pay $3 each when you can just register 2 .info's :)

A wonderful way to get around! Thanks.:yes:
 
We hold private domains (several at GD) and we have had end users contact us through the private reg email address - which is blind-forwarded through us.

So, if someone looks up coolcoolhotmainthatweprivateregged.com and it is private.. there is a custom registrant domain email contact addy that is sent to us.

This resulted in a pretty active eBay auction and sale (still waiting for payment, looks like a NPB situation though).

Bottom line: Private registrations through GoDaddy (AKA Domains by Proxy) can be accessed by end-users. That being said, an end-user may be more prone to contact a more real-looking contact...

Rob
 
most i keep public w/ my po box. others i keep hidden (mostly the adult ones)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom