• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

MARCH Ovt - Unusual Search Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

NameYourself

DNF Regular
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2004
Messages
1,074
Reaction score
67
The new March Ovt search results don't seem correct. Search volume for many keywords seems incredibly low.

Examples:

"health insurance" 31,978
"insurance quotes" 5,682
"phones" 48,158
"phone calls" 5,379

Is anyone else noticing some unusually low numbers for normally high-search terms?
 
It's not trust worthy IMO.
The raw log says a lot of people got on mashup.com were referred from yahoo using keyword www.mashup.com or mashup.com. =
OVT showed 28 for mashup.com in Jan. 07 but none for Feb. or Mar. Indeed, those referrals came in on a daily basis. Weird.
 
It's not trust worthy IMO.
The raw log says a lot of people got on mashup.com were referred from yahoo using keyword www.mashup.com or mashup.com. =
OVT showed 28 for mashup.com in Jan. 07 but none for Feb. or Mar. Indeed, those referrals came in on a daily basis. Weird.

My logs are also singing a different tune than what overture is reporting.

Many of my sites came in "name.ext" from yahoo that aren't showing up on this months results.

Much more came in without ext that aren't showing up at all either. Hmm...


Is this the slow death we've been talking about of a once reliable source of information?

There are also big Web 2.0 sites that sprung into full swing over this last month that hardly get squat for results. Most notably "twitter" I've been tracking a few others as well and it's the same.


When is Google trends going to update for March so I can compare some data?
 
I noticed this too on Overture scores for French Canada, they seem low across the board.
 
I noticed this too on Overture scores for French Canada, they seem low across the board.

Exactly, they all seem low! I think they may have had a loss of some of their data for the month? Some results show up normal, but then others are way beyond low for popular terms. I'm seeing search tems like Credit Cards drop from 2,000,000 searches to 200,000 searches. One geographic term I checked had 8,000 searches last month, but then 200 this month. I guess it means one of two things:

A) Yahoo had a partial loss of their data
B) Yahoo is dying and less people are using their engine
C) Both A and B
 
Yes, noticed the same here for US States, all way down.
 
I have exactly the same problem. I thought it might be season change - people are not searching anything because went out to enjoy spring temperatures. ;)

Some term search results are beyond comparison:

previous showed 11000
now it's 250

- this is related to about 95% of terms

- around 5% of terms stayed the same or are just a little bit higher.

Time to verify against few other sources.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom