Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Massive air raid rocks Baghdad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by britishangel
Now as far as my oppinion on this second resolution? Why the hell should we have to wait on a second resolution? The first was intended to work and had a set deadline. The deadline wasn't met and the goal was not met so action had to be taken. What's the point in even making a resolution anyway if you're going to say "OK that didn't work so that one didn't count! Let's just redo it" It makes a huge joke out of the UN and any governing body to say something and do something like this.
From news reports, I heard that the second resoution was desireable for the US, because many supporters of the first resolution agreed to that resolution with the clear understanding that failure of that resolution would NOT automatically lead to military action. Many of the supports who signed with this understanding were Arab nations. One of the purposes of a second resolution would be to set in place that measure of consequence with the world body. Foregoing the second resolution has been the primary reason America and British effort has been put into forming an ad hoc coalition for support and pseudo-legitimacy.

I read the statement above, and thought I'd though that out there.

~ Nexus

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators