Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Massive air raid rocks Baghdad

Status
Not open for further replies.

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just know fighting with each other is not going to solve anything. None of us know all the facts behind 911, this war and polotics in general (we might think we do, but we don't). Each of us has an opinion that is very personal to them...but fighting about in here it really is causing a ton of friction on this board. I can honestly say that there are a few people on this board who I got along with great until the debate started...it really is tearing us apart and it's a shame.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I prefer to let everyone get it out of their systems...

To pretend it is not going on around us wont solve anything either..

If you need to rant and rave , be release pent up emotions maybe this IS the thread to do it on..?

I can understand Who-Iss "emotional" repsonse .when I seen that raid today as it was going on ..my first thought was they should call it "Shock, Awe and Disgusting..

But as a sat back and released we were indeed going for military targets ..I could still be against this "war" (I still believe we simply need to kill Saddam and get out)..at the same time I can be proud that our Military is not shooting indiscrimiately, were are not carpet bombing Baghdad , we have specific Government targets and our "smart bombs" appear to be working well.. our technology is working well.

I still think Rumsfield and Bush are scum.. and cant wait until the next elections to get rid of them.. see Whoi-IS we can do that we can vote out our scum..unlike Iraqies.

Before you become to "ashamed" of being a Brit keep in mind your freedom to voice your displeasure and maybe you will regain some pride back.

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by bidawinner
I prefer to let everyone get it out of their systems...

To pretend it is not going on around us wont solve anything either..

If you need to rant and rave , be release pent up emotions maybe this IS the thread to do it on..?

I can understand Who-Iss "emotional" repsonse .when I seen that raid today as it was going on ..my first thought was they should call it "Shock, Awe and Disgusting..

But as a sat back and released we were indeed going for military targets ..I could still be against this "war" (I still believe we simply need to kill Saddam and get out)..at the same time I can be proud that our Military is not shooting indiscrimiately, were are not carpet bombing Baghdad , we have specific Government targets and our "smart bombs" appear to be working well.. our technology is working well.

I still think Rumsfield and Bush are scum.. and cant wait until the next elections to get rid of them.. see Whoi-IS we can do that we can vote out our scum..unlike Iraqies.

Before you become to "ashamed" of being a Brit keep in mind your freedom to voice your displeasure and maybe you will regain some pride back.

That's it...I'm gonna go talk domains on a political forum! :)

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by TopNames.com

That's it...I'm gonna go talk domains on a political forum! :)
Copy & paste from DNForum.com home page:
Lounge
This is where all off-topic discussions go, unrelated to domains (anything goes).

think

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Larry

Think - like whois, you have chosen to tell us how you feel instead of presenting some factual evidence. Your assessment of deaths may be accurate in the end but to state this as fact simply puts you in the camp of the alarmists and shows your anti-war bias.

Nothing wrong with being against the war...I have reservations about how quickly we chose to act and the potential cost of life on both sides.

But there is no credibility in statements about the number of deaths before we know the length and breadth of the war.

I wont comment in this thread again...even if NS and beatz bait me ;).

I hope/wish/pray (inclusive :) ) that this is over soon with limited loss.

Larry:
It is true I am speculating about the loss of innocent lives in Iraq. I neglect to remember that Saddam or the remaining part of his government could decide to surrender. However, Shock and Awe is under way and the possibilty of surrender is very small.

In the same fashion it is highly speculative for individuals to think that Saddam Hussain is insane and will use weapons of mass destruction against the US. Don't get me wrong, if Saddam had the military capacity to conquer us I would assume that he would do so. But a wreckless attack of terrorism would be the end of him or any other tinpot dictator. I have no illusion that he is to be trusted or allowed to rule Iraq unchecked.

I however, saw containment and sanctions, while enforcing disarmament, as a plausible solution to this situation. It would be nice to see the Iraqi people rising against this despot rather than the US military. It does not play well in the world arena where our previous support of right wing dictators still lingers.

I have not seen much about Iraqis in exile going back to fight. I realize some are, but not many from what I have seen in any of the media sources. The Kurds are prepared to fight but only in a limited capacity. The crimes of saddam are against his own people. They should be more involved in his overthrow.

From what I've seen state sponsored terrorism is tantamount to suicide. Not that countries have not engaged in such practices. Lybia and Syria have breached that gap at earlier junctures. However, the majority of terrorist activty comes from individuals who do not have positions of power to lose rather than leaders of countries that can be easily retalliated against.

I also detest the fact that many of the major behind the scenes players will reap great profits from this war. Richard Pearle, , Dick Cheney's former company Halliburton, Casper Weinburger with Beltek,and many other hawks will cash in quite handsomely from this. No wonder they are for war. In my opnion profiting from war at the expense of US taxpayers flies in the face of patriotism.

britishangel

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
ALL I WANT TO SAY IS GOD BLESS THE UK AND US FORCES AND GOD BLESS THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES FOR TAKING THE INITIATIVE TO PROTECT OUR PEOPLE. And if you have a problem with someone saving your ass from more anthrax, future 9/11's, chemical/biological warfare etc then you get your ass out to Iraq and preach to them because maybe they'll destroy all their weapons on your request to stop the war...OR MAYBE they'll test their new weapons on you and your family like Sadam has been doing to his own people! You just can't open your eyes and see that someone is trying to make your life better and the lives of other people who are ruled by this tyrant! If you really have that much of a problem go into Baghdad right now and tell someone else because all this protesting isn't going to do a damn thing to stop the war it's just making you look like a traitor to your country.

PS. I AM DAMN PROUD TO BE A UK AND US CITIZEN!

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Angel,

maybe you should start reading some history books or do some research before telling anyone to go elsewhere...

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nameslave...I can read...I was trying to prevent an all out war on these forums. I was in the chat room today and there was some hateful talk about a few of the members...I was just trying to help us bridge this gap...but if you want to fight and fracture the board more than it already is...then knock yourself out.

What possible good can come out of these thread fights? No one is changing anyone else's mind...it's only causing ill will.

britishangel

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
beatz pray tell why are you telling me to read history books? Please do elaborate such a broad and random comment

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Topnames - see i can agree with you that it could be a good idea to just stop any politics talk;
but that would have to be a "rule" for *everybody*, not just for the ones that disagree with this war here.

Btw - as a lot of people seem to feel insulted as soon as someone critizes the current US policy and start yelling "anti-american" - to those people:

Has it ever crossed your mind that your coming out and yelling your patriotic stuff and the "god bless the president" chants etc. could offense other people (that feel hurt by that war for whatever reason) just as much as you're offensed when it's the other way around?!

Get it - THIS IS AN INTERNATIONAL FORUM...not just an US one.

So, if we wanna get along, same rules for *EVERYBODY* i say

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Angel - read my above post.
Basically - in simple words especially for you - i was saying who gives you the right to tell other people to go elsewhere?
Anybody is entitled to their opinion as much as you are.

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Whois-Search
I ashamed to be british tonight
What they are doing there is worse than September 11th ..........
Come on now...

Whois-search... People can say how bad something is without disrespecting the dead by saying one loss is greater than another.

You think we all would learn as human beings that that never goes down right, unless you're trying to start an argument.

~ Nexus

Cash Is King

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The whole of the centre of Baghdad is on fire - 100's of buildings

The News Commentators here are comparing it to Vietnam

Innocent civilians in Iraq are being killed

How many Innocent civilians of Baghdad will now have Shell Shock ?

How many Iraqi soldiers are killed to every American or British soldier ? Hundreds

Where are the buildings for the new Iraqi government going to be now ?

Who-is

Backup your leadership and take a back seat. If our decision making ability was so damn good, we would be the Presidents and Prime Minister's of our Countries.

US and GB will rebuild these govermental buildings. Iraq will have hope and a future just like Kuwait and Afghanistan.

I will say this again. How may countries do you know of where 100% of the people vote and that they vote for just one leader?
This is a travesity!

Whois-Search

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
America and UK didn't let a vote on a 2nd resolution go through

Tony Blair had to rely on Conservative votes and people like Robin Cook resigned

Why should I back a "troop" that is about to drop a 3000 pound bomb and not know where its going ?

And George Bush's Dad started all this

Domainaholic

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Larry
Domainaholic - Bin Laden has had some unkind things to say about Saddam.

So what.

If your point is that they would never co-operate in a desire to attack us you are naive.

I dont care if they hate each other or love each other. They have common goals and they both need to go.

I just ment that this war makes bin laden almost as happy as the rest of the other war mongers, Saddam included.

bin laden called for this war against Saddam a long time ago, most ignored him - bin laden is not known for his love of peace - and he will be very happy to see Saddam go also.

I think Bin Laden won here, just another hate monger getting his way.

Peace.

Cash Is King

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
America and UK didn't let a vote on a 2nd resolution go through

Tony Blair had to rely on Conservative votes and people like Robin Cook resigned

Why should I back a "troop" that is about to drop a 3000 pound bomb and not know where its going ?

And George Bush's Dad started all this

Whois

The UN Security Council did not have the power to agree accross the board. I mentioned before that this is weak leadership, and when there is weak leadership, you bypass it.

The UN security council can have a purpose if it relates to Humanitarian issues.

Our bomb technology is absolutely incredible. We are like skilled surgeons hitting these Military targets.

How many wars do you know of that leaves the electric, water and gas on for the civilians?

britishangel

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Beatz coming back to me with a claim of lacking intelligence is not an appropriate way to tell me you do not agree with me and you think that i am wrong in what i said. What i said was nothing to do with book smarts, it's common sense and MY OPPINION just as you said yours. Not everyone is going to agree with you honey just as you have seen on this forum. No one will ever get everyone to see things their way. As far as anti-european comments, i never made such comments loving my country is not hating another. I am a UK/US citizen and i have every right to love my countries as you do your own. Just because i openly love my country does not mean i have openly hated yours so please give that a break. I am patriotic and will AT NO POINT take back my statements as they did not directly offend anyone unless that person has anti-American/UK sentiments.

Now as far as my oppinion on this second resolution? Why the hell should we have to wait on a second resolution? The first was intended to work and had a set deadline. The deadline wasn't met and the goal was not met so action had to be taken. What's the point in even making a resolution anyway if you're going to say "OK that didn't work so that one didn't count! Let's just redo it" It makes a huge joke out of the UN and any governing body to say something and do something like this.

Well that's my oppinion so don't attack me for it because i'm welcome to mine as you are welcome to yours

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators