• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

  • Thread starter Thread starter tekz999
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tekz999

Guest
This is a simple question for 3 letters domains owners. Have you recently (this few days) receive an email from [email protected] claiming he would buy your 3 letters domain name? or have been receiving very similar emails from a "@gmail.com" email address saying he wants to buy your domain? with his signature as grey color? and the content is similar to this?


Hello,

I am interested in acquiring the domain name xxx.com

Could you please let me know how much money you are looking to sell it for
and if your price is negotiable. If you are not the owner of the
domain, could you please pass this message to the right party?
Looking forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
Michael



Please say yes in this thread or send me a PM if you would like to remain anonymous.

We now have 3 victims of this spam.
 
Getting the Same Things myself. I simply respond asking to reconfirm.
 
gee, my dudes called masterweb:

master web <[email protected]> to mail
show details
May 25

Hello,
I am interested in acquiring the domain name LLL.net
Could you please let me know how much money you are looking to sell it for
and if your price is negotiable. If you are not the owner of the
domain, could you please pass this message to the right party?
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Thank you, Webmaster
 
What should we do if "michael" has been (still) using new gmail accounts, mass-emailing domain owners sending out offers. How should we stop "michael"?
 
Maybe he is just trying to buy 3 letter domains? it's probably bdjuf or dnp..lol
 
I know members on this forum who do this sort of shit
 
why shit? Maybe he's just interested in your domain.
I did sell a few names from email like that.
 
Yeah, been getting a bunch of them in the past, like this:

"Hi bro!
bla bla bla
TQ" ;)
 
I've received many of those boilerplate emails. They rarely mention what domain they were interested in. I usually respond with, "which domain are you interested in?" but never receive a reply.
 
Yes, I've got 2-3 of those mails from that Michael Magantino guy.
But he wrote which domain he was interested in, every time, but never responded after I responded with the price... no doubt someone fishing after bargains, which is quite common.
 
Yes, I've got 2-3 of those mails from that Michael Magantino guy.
But he wrote which domain he was interested in, every time, but never responded after I responded with the price... no doubt someone fishing after bargains, which is quite common.

do they ever succeed, or is it useless? I'm sure quite a lot of people are doing that
 
nice find, thanks hugegrowth :)
I love that guy's blog
 
Not just LLL.com

Also nailing the L-L.com

When I get one, I initially think it may be legit.

But when I get one for every LLL.com and L-L.com I own then I know it's someone spamming.
 
I have received some enquiries myself for different names and even sold a few to various parties.
 
about 20 mails a day ..... same drivel .

i usually ask them to remove me from their mailing list , to no avail
 
i usually ask them to remove me from their mailing list , to no avail
Same here. Once on the list, you're on the list. Plus, looking at the article referenced, it seems like this Derek guy has now become some hallowed saint inspiring copy cats.
 
Whenever I see a domain that I like (which is very often), I check the whois and email or call the registrant and ask them if they would consider selling it. I always put my real name, real email address and cell number in the email. They can google me all they want and find out that among other things that I am a domain "investor". Most of the time I really don't care what they know about me - if I want a name then I might be willing to pay more than "reseller pricing" for it (whatever that means.....lol). If the numbers fit we do a deal and if they don't - we don't.
I ask the person what they want for the domain, and if they can't give me a price I ask for a range.

I find it frustrating when domain owners get irritated when someone asks them if the domain is for sale. Some people think that is "spam" - I :tsk:HATE:tsk: spam (with a passion), I just don't see asking someone if what he owns is for sale as being spam.
However I can see how a person would get frustrated if he was constantly receiving low ball offers for his domains.

When I get an inquiry on one of my domains (most of which are for sale) - if the email is coming from a public service like gmail/hotmail/aol/yahoo, etc. I tell the "buyer" he has two choices. If he wants to continue with a public email address he can make his offer "anonymously" via Sedo.com, but if he wants to deal with me directly he will need to use a "real" email address or call me on the phone. That eliminates a lot of low-ball shoppers.
I love talking about domains with people - but I don't like wasting my time.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom