• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Microsoft "Live Anywhere", way way cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeeRyder

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Gold Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2004
Messages
288
Reaction score
0
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12706620/from/RSS/

LOS ANGELES - Microsoft Corp. co-founder Bill Gates on Tuesday announced a new cross-platform gaming service that integrates games played on cell phones, Xbox 360 consoles and the upcoming Windows Vista operating system.

The “Live Anywhere”
liveanywhere.com, us, net, org, info registered.grrrr...
service will be available as part of Windows Vista, Microsoft’s next-generation PC operating system. The consumer version is scheduled for release early next year. (MSNBC.com is a Microsoft - NBC joint venture.)

“It means that you have one online community,” Bill Gates said in a news conference. “This platform can really unleash developers to do amazing new things.”
The system would extend the company’s existing Xbox Live service for the Xbox 360 console into millions of Internet-enabled PCs and cellular phones. No pricing information on the new service was announced.

“The vision here is each platform plays its own role. We really think we’re in a unique position,” Gates said. “Microsoft is probably the only company that can pull this off.”

In a demonstration, an Xbox 360 gamer using Live Anywhere was able to send an invitation to a friend on a PC. After the PC user agreed, the two connected for a cross-platform online gun battle.

In another example, a race car’s stats were modified on a cellular phone, its appearance was edited in a paint program on the PC and then it was raced on a track on the Xbox 360.
Microsoft said it has sold about 3.2 million Xbox 360s so far — about half of them are used online. By this time next year, the company expects to have sold 10 million units and have 6 million online subscribers.

Microsoft Vice President Peter Moore said the early launch of Xbox 360 gives the company a huge advantage going forward, saying the company was already on the “second generation of the next generation.”

Live Anywhere highlighted a slew of announcements from the Redmond, Wash.-based company.
The company also said it would sell an HD-DVD player for high-definition movies in time for the holidays, but it did not release a price. Also announced was an Xbox Live Vision video camera, a wireless headset and a wireless racing wheel available this fall.

Finally, Microsoft appeased anxious gamers who cheered following a demonstration of the sci-fi shooter “Halo 3,” due sometime in 2007.

Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo are vying for control of the video game industry, which according to market research firm NPD Group, saw sales drop 5 percent to $7 billion in the United States last year. Much of it is blamed on consumers’ desire to hold out for the PS3 and Wii.

The company presentations are a preview of sorts for the Electronic Entertainment Expo in Los Angeles, the video game industry’s largest annual conference.
 
Thanks for the info, I went ahead and registered liveanywhere.ws and live-anywhere.info.
 
thanks...

FREELIVEANYWHERE.COM

LIVEANYWHEREFORUM.COM

LIVEANYWHEREFORUMS.COM

LIVEANYWHEREMANIA.COM
 
It will be HUGE i agree...

I wish MS would have come up with a name with fewer characters! I wonder how people will refer to it?
 
I am tempted to purchase a few, this is the type of thing where I have to figure out if I want to be kicking myself in the ass in a few months.
 
Godfrey, I think you might have some SERIOUS TM problems with MicrosoftLiveAnywhere.com. I noticed it was available a couple days ago but not worth the risk.
 
demo said:
It will be HUGE i agree...

I wish MS would have come up with a name with fewer characters! I wonder how people will refer to it?


i'm thinking they will call it "LA" or something. Best of luck grabbing LA.com :P, but I grabbed LiveAW.com anyways
 
Too bad I missed la.com!

I ended up with:

mlaForum.com
liveanywherenow.com
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom