• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Microsoft Live search engine -- weird ranking results!!! (your impressions???)

Status
Not open for further replies.

denniss

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
May 5, 2007
Messages
130
Reaction score
0
Hi folks,

I wanted to get some impressions from you about your experience with Microsoft's Live search....

The reason I'm asking (I'll keep it short ;)) -- I've recently registered a few generic domains with .me.uk extension. I did not expect them to do good right away (the sites on them are less than two weeks old), however the results surprised me.... Check it out for yourself....

www.debt.me.uk = #1 SERP in MSN Live for "debt" in UK = http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=debt&go.x=0&go.y=0&form=QBRE
www.firewall.me.uk = #2 SERP in MSN Live for "firewal" in UK = http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=firewall&go.x=0&go.y=0&form=QBRE
www.satellitetv.me.uk = #2 SERP in MSN Live for "Satellite TV" in UK = http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=satellite+tv&go.x=0&go.y=0&form=QBRE

So my question is... Is this normal behavior for MSN? If not, why did it happen? Also == how much longer do you think it'll last?

The reason that I'm so surprised is because I'm getting 0 visitors from Yahoo and Google at the moment, which is quite normal for brand new domains. And MSN Live currently brings around 99% of visitors to the sites... I really don't get it. Does it mean that MSN Live depends more on the domain name than anything else?

If you've had similar experiences, I'd appreciate you posting them, because to tell you the truth I'm baffled...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom