• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Minisites VS Parking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mistermouse63

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
May 11, 2006
Messages
415
Reaction score
0
What do you think?

Parking = easy and convenient, but...
Minisites + adscene = more money, right?

Anyone experieced in making and managing minisites? I'm wondering if I should go into this. I heard that making minisites is in general better for generic domains with inherent traffic, while typos should be parked. Opinions?
 
its adsense, minisites are good if you want to get in SEs. Say you have coolkeyworddomainbutnochanceoftypeins.com then you want to work the content get it into google. If you have keyword.com with a lot of type ins you can park it, or go with a full blown website. 1 page minisites are ok, but if your gonna take the time to make one why not do a lil more and make a website. All your personal choice and the domain name
 
I always park the new acquired names first, check the traffic and PPC earnings. If the revenue is pathetic, I will set up minisites.
I don't think there will be such a rule as you said.
When it comes to minisites, I personally use wordpress blogging systems. Because they don't have nav bar so I can use adsense code. When you set up one, you can always copy the templates everytime you set up new ones. And updating the sites is as easy as updating a blog.
http://www.iskin.org/
I have many blogs like this earning me money.
 
duskdawn said:
I always park the new acquired names first, check the traffic and PPC earnings. If the revenue is pathetic, I will set up minisites.

Ditto
 
duskdawn said:
When it comes to minisites, I personally use wordpress blogging systems.

This sounds like an efficient and interesting idea. I bet you don't write all that stuff in your blogs yourself, right?;)
 
mistermouse63 said:
This sounds like an efficient and interesting idea. I bet you don't write all that stuff in your blogs yourself, right?;)

No:sorry:
But better write yourself or go with the free articles.
 
duskdawn said:
No:sorry:
But better write yourself or go with the free articles.

i see:thumb: i guess if you want to manage multiple minisites without having the same content, you have to use free articles
 
Not if you've got a lot of interests... and free time.

That last one always seems to get me.
 
Thanks for the tips, I think I'll be setting up some minisites because of pathetic revenue at Sedo.
 
yeah, me too. just no time now, have to wait for the summer
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom