Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Missing the trick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Actually, if you want to cite people in domains, do you know rick or shepherd? Ask them whether .com as a tld has any advantage.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by safesys

fortune 500 examples would be better.

Yes, it would :D These tlds are hardly a year old, and you want God, geez.

I'll make it tough for myself. Give it only 2 years, compared to the 17 year first-mover advantage of .com, and if these tlds don't take off just like .tv didn't, then I'd say you had the foresight for dotcom.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Actually, if you want to cite people in domains, do you know rick or shepherd? Ask them whether .com as a tld has any advantage.

You know my feelings on these people. I ain't into the blood money game.

I'm just asking for something to back up your speculation is all.

Unless and until you can provide that - its a circular argument with fact vs speculation.

I can't help thinking that if you put the same effort into .com as you do into the arguing for the other tld's you'd be a very happy rodent.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Everyone who dreams to make serious money speculates, safe. Rick did this many years ago, he was a speculator and people laughed at his ideas at the time.

If you put in real effort into anything, it doesn't matter even its an .org. People will remember you, and not just because you are a .com. You want money, sure. You can make it even with a .tv.

This is a 2G internet now, safe -- where choice is starting to seep in for addressing. Don't forget that today the only constant in change. On the internet, the only change is change.

actually, when you think about it - the internet has been pretty stable with regards to change.

.com has remained king, the vast majority of web sites still use html and the email transport system has remained constant.

In fact, its hard to see what the actual changes have really been other than acceptance of it as a medium and additions rather than replacement to what is already in place (e.g. flash).

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
your last statement :D

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:confused:

Ok, safe. Thanks for playing. :) You are great ;)

I'm off gotta go charge the ol batteries.

flex

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mole
Something I would like to share, for the benefit of flex (are you from Singapore :) )

I belong to what they call the b2b professional white-collar industry. I have been getting a lot of interest in .biz from the people I talk to in my profession. I have also received quite a few emails from people with interest in my .biz names. I explain that this is part of my mega portal business project and leave it as that. I don't intend to sell my names to anyone, and selling .biz names is really risky business that can be used to convict bad faith.

People in my industry instinctively understand the biz word. Perhaps I've lost sight of other more B2C views (which admittedly is not my kettle of fish). There is very little lateral thinking permeating the key domain players today. Just like in the early 90s for .com, when we should all have squirreled all the best names before the infamous dotcom boom. Perhaps they have been burned by scams like .tv, .cc, .fm, .ws blah blah blah all nothing more than small fishing and tourists islands in the Pacific.

Its a vicious cycle, old beliefs feeding on old beliefs. I have no problems with that, since we all need to make money somehow, and quickly, to pay that next month's rent.

-- mole circa June 2002 (screenshot archived)

uh huh, i'm from Singapore :rolleyes:
:cool: thanks for sharing btw.

i've got two .biz in hand now (from 2B drops) to test the .biz market as time passes by. anyway i'm currently concentrating more on .com/net.

will it boom like dotcom?.. only time will tell. :D

Originally posted by mole
For example, $500,000 for media.com? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Actually the price I was quoted was quite a lot less than that (as an inital asking price). Still way into the six figures but not an unrealistic starting price in my opinion.

how he got x hits to his tickets.inc site and then he qualified it in a later post by explaining how he pointed his .coms to that site to generate those hits (along with seo).

isn't it always the way?

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by flex

will it boom like dotcom?.. only time will tell. :D

I doubt if .info or .biz will 'boom', flex. .info and .biz may become very popular in certain industry sectors, but will hardly gain real wind in others, particularly the more general goods and services targeted at the general b2c market. You need to select your names very carefully, particularly for .biz.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by snoopy

Actually the price I was quoted was quite a lot less than that (as an inital asking price). Still way into the six figures but not an unrealistic starting price in my opinion.

This refers to the 500k and 750k minimum asking prices for media.com on Afternic and GreatDomains respectively, snoops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators