Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here's something to ponder:

http://www.apple.com/webapps/travel/boroughsmobi.html

One of DNF's own members now has his site featured on Apple.

Wish I could say that I taught him everything I know but I know about as much as programming as many of you know about .mobi (oooooo, that one is going to hurt).

Anyways, wonderful site, great app, and great collaboration.

Other .mobi sites/apps featured on Apple.com iPhone apps:

Zagat.mobi
Aviation.mobi
mywx.mobi
iTeams.mobi
iSchools.mobi
BofA.mobi

.mobi
it's iPhone Friendly​

VisualDigits

The One
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm about to buy an iphone and I was playing with one at an apple store the other day and there's a ".com" key on the virtual keyboard for faster url access. If they ever add a ".mobi" key it will mean that .mobi has really made it.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow, can you imagine that? A .com key?

I'll bet you a 6th grader can punch in HSM2.mobi.

Did you ever consider the possibility that the .com thingy thing is not that big in Germany? Or France?

I suggest you start another thread about the .com key on the iPhone.

But, you're too late. Too many have already tried to pronounce that as the final nail in the .mobi coffin.

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow, can you imagine that? A .com key?

I'll bet you a 6th grader can punch in HSM2.mobi.

Did you ever consider the possibility that the .com thingy thing is not that big in Germany? Or France?

I suggest you start another thread about the .com key on the iPhone.

But, you're too late. Too many have already tried to pronounce that as the final nail in the .mobi coffin.

LOL

so many critics... always looking for a way to bash dotmobi

VisualDigits

The One
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dude, wtf? Did I attack your sacred tld? All I said was that right now there's a .com key on the iphone's virtual keyboard. All it takes is an update that adds a .mobi key to make people aware of .mobi.

My father always said that fanatics are worse than fascists.

VisualDigits

The One
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject". Winston Churchill

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am just amazed at how some people can not begin to be courteous.

This thread is not about you, your likes, your dislikes. It is not about me.

Did you look at the link?

Check out the site?

A damn fine piece of work and recognized by Apple.

That to me says more about the acceptance of .mobi by Apple in bettering its own applications after opening this up to third parties.

But most importantly, I think it is definitely worthy of any one who has a site, .com or anything else, to be recognized as a member of this forum that has his work featured.

That is what this thread is about.

Not you. Not me.

Call me what ever the f you want to call me. I could care less.

I find myself in constant defence of a decision I made to invest in emerging technology and markets.

I can, however, be or appear to be as fanatical and as defensive as I want to be simply because I can. As much effort as anyone wants to put forth against something I can put forth an equal and greater effort.

It has become quite a sport for me.

In the meantime, consider starting your own thread on the .com key, the .mobi key, and your father's sayings. I've got a few of my own father's sayings. None of them have any place here in this thread.

Again, folks are coming up with opinions which are like assholes...everyone has one (oops, one of daddy's sayings).

But what is not opinion is the fact, pure and simple, that despite the insistence of others to the contrary, Apple likes .mobi because it makes it a better user experience in speed and function.

Isn't it odd that the final nail in the coffin is now being embraced by the Apple iPhone crowd?

Oh, and yes, Apple iPhone users are using it. But that is up to the developer and designer to disclose those numbers. And every one here would be quite amazed at the traffic this site is getting. Keep in mind, Boroughs.mobi is predominantly New York city based and Apple just opened it's third store in downtown Manhattan.

Taking it to the streets.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am just amazed at how some people can not begin to be courteous.

This thread is not about you, your likes, your dislikes. It is not about me.

Did you look at the link?

Check out the site?

A damn fine piece of work and recognized by Apple.

That to me says more about the acceptance of .mobi by Apple in bettering its own applications after opening this up to third parties.

But most importantly, I think it is definitely worthy of any one who has a site, .com or anything else, to be recognized as a member of this forum that has his work featured.

That is what this thread is about.

Not you. Not me.

Call me what ever the f you want to call me. I could care less.

I find myself in constant defence of a decision I made to invest in emerging technology and markets.

I can, however, be or appear to be as fanatical and as defensive as I want to be simply because I can. As much effort as anyone wants to put forth against something I can put forth an equal and greater effort.

It has become quite a sport for me.

In the meantime, consider starting your own thread on the .com key, the .mobi key, and your father's sayings. I've got a few of my own father's sayings. None of them have any place here in this thread.

Again, folks are coming up with opinions which are like assholes...everyone has one (oops, one of daddy's sayings).

But what is not opinion is the fact, pure and simple, that despite the insistence of others to the contrary, Apple likes .mobi because it makes it a better user experience in speed and function.

Isn't it odd that the final nail in the coffin is now being embraced by the Apple iPhone crowd?

Oh, and yes, Apple iPhone users are using it. But that is up to the developer and designer to disclose those numbers. And every one here would be quite amazed at the traffic this site is getting. Keep in mind, Boroughs.mobi is predominantly New York city based and Apple just opened it's third store in downtown Manhattan.

Taking it to the streets.

what i find odd is...

that this thread is about promoting another members website in a discussion forum.

and that the OP seems to only want members to post opinions that are in agreement with his opinions relating to .mobi

imo...

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
what i find odd is...

that this thread is about promoting another members website in a discussion forum.

and that the OP seems to only want members to post opinions that are in agreement with his opinions relating to .mobi

imo...
Biggie,

What I find odd-er, is no one has discussed the topic of the sites' inclusion on the apple site nor made comment regarding the topic at all.

The OP does not want members to agree with his opinions relating to .mobi. The OP has his own opinions about the topic of .mobi which is very clear. But the OP was made aware of this news last night which is a big deal to many who know the developer. OP posted this news in hopes of recognizing this individual for his accomplishments of being featured on a site such as Apple.com.

But the OP would appreciate if members would take the time and consideration not to be condescending towards the topic at hand, a website's inclusion on Apple.com widgets and apps page.

This all further validates the point that no matter what the topic is, if is contains .mobi, is in the .mobi cc(chuckle)TLD, or mentions .mobi then a great many of the respondents attack, attack, attack.

OP would be glad to take all matters of opinion into consideration regarding .mobi. Contrary to popular belief, OP ain't all about .mobi.

Likewise the OP shall take these words into consideration to be a little more tolerant. And to also take this as a clear indication that the OP also has the equal opportunity to jump in any thread and clearly and plainly and openly state his displeasure regarding any topic on this discussion forum.

imo.

leo

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
umm i still dont know which site is the featured one and who is the owner here in dnf :D

Credit

Buying CC.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Man, you guys spend countless hours debating .MOBI or not .MOBI when there's millions of children starving in Africa...

:D

I'm just messing, but I still think it's pointless debating this, since I doubt it will change either one of your's minds about it.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Oh, but it is so great for the rankings, eh?

Sometimes at work, I have plenty of time on my hands. I may be charting, documenting, three or four browsers open, etc.

Debate? I wish it was a debatable subject.

Congrats to the developer of this project featured on apple.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom