• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

.mobi whois port 43 server help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThisDot

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2005
Messages
749
Reaction score
0
I can access the .mobi whois website, but I am having trouble accessing the port 43 whois server via perl script. If anyone has had any luck with this, I'd appreciate a little help. This is the query I am trying:

$results = `whois -n [email protected]`;

also tried using variables $domain@$whois but still querying internic.

whois -n [email protected]
works from the command line but my perl one liner is failing.

Thanks,
David
 
Maybe this will work for you:

whois -h whois.dotmobiregistry.net domain.mobi

Haven't tried it from perl, but maybe perl is using another whois binary? To be honest all my perl whois scripts actually open a socket on port 43 and write their query. Of course it's more than a oneliner....
 
Thanks poing! That works great.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom