Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

moniker Moniker.com launching new site

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Moniker.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FusionX

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Moniker is launching a new site starting March 5, 2005. They are planning to make major improvements and adding new features. Its all on a link at the homepage.

http://www.moniker.com/

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to it. :eek:k:

Reaction score
Wanted to let everyone know that we completed phase I of the new platform and then ran out of time. We did not want to be down for too long so we are putting the current site back up and we are rescheduling the launch. We will put a notice on our site with the exact day and time to provide everyone proper notice.

let me know if you have any questions in the mean time - [email protected]

nbebout

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do you have any sort of an idea when we can expect the new site? It sounds like there are good things in store.

--
Nicholas Bebout

Reaction score
We completed the first part of the migration 2 weeks ago and then I ran into staff vacation scheduling conflicts. We do not want to launch unless we have full staff support. It should be up in the next few weeks. The system will be much more advanced than it is today. We will let everyone know when we have a date.

Reaction score
I just wanted to let everyone know that we are going live with the new Moniker.com website platform on Monday AM. We will be down for about 3 hours while migrating all data over.

We know that because the new site and functionality is much more advanced that you may need assistance and there might be a few bugs so please call in or report them using the feedback form on the site so we are made aware of what you find and can address it.

We are very excited to finally release this new platform for our customers.

[email protected]

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The new moniker is up now.
Looks good.

Reaction score
Thanks - remember to use the feedback form if you experience any issues. We know there will be questions and some fixes as more and more of you use it.

You may have the old site cached in your browser so clear your cache or reboot your computer and that should clear it.

call us or email us if you have any issues. Thanks for your support!

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
much muuuuch better.. way to go!

nbebout

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree. I love the new site.

tonyk2000

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My first impressions:
The site definately looks better.
Works slower, probably because of JSP
Site navigation needs to be improved (Bulk register button is not reachable from main menus, I didn't yet find domain push link, etc, etc, etc.)
A few bugs I'll report to moniker directly, not to waste space in DNFORUM.
New domains registration is a HORROR. Looks like godaddy now. Registered a couple of new domains and my first impression was - Oh, may I switch to old site? Where is 1-click reg which was promoted in pre-upgrade announcement? I understand that registrars wish to follow godaddy as godaddy is so successfull with upsells of hosting and blah-blah-blah... But it works for/with end-users with a couple of domains only, not "Professional" domainers!

Reaction score
Tonyk2000,

Thanks for the feedback - actually we are optimizing as I write and will continue to do so over the next couple of days so it will get much faster. Yes, we have integrated a brand new shopping cart which takes an extra step to check out however, there are many other management functions that have been made more efficient.

I would argue that it is built for the professional domainer as we have implemented exactly what everyone has asked for. I think that once you get used to the way it works, the better it will work for you. It is very new and different than the current system and there are shortcuts that we can let you know about once you start using.

I submitted your feedback to my team - Thanks again!

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Any word from Moniker on reseller accounts? Are they gonna make it this year?

Reaction score
I wanted to let you know that there is now a quick registration function accessible from your account and in the domain view. It takes two steps to register a domain.

This should make everyone very happy!

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
MonikerMan said:
I wanted to let you know that there is now a quick registration function accessible from your account and in the domain view. It takes two steps to register a domain.

This should make everyone very happy!

Excellent!

Yes, this makes things easy.

SirSpider

Trying to Retire!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just checked it out. Much improved site for functionality. Pricing still a bit high and is that "really" the GoDaddy Girl's sister??? :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom