• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Most Secure Free Forum Software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darrenl

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2003
Messages
1,856
Reaction score
4
What is the most secure free forum software?
 
goodyork said:
I think vbb is secure enough :)

Last time I checked, VB is not free

Probably phpBB...but I'm not sure on this.
 
phpbb is definately not secure with more security issues than any other BB. vbb seems OK security wise, as does smf.
 
macooper said:
phpbb is definately not secure with more security issues than any other BB. vbb seems OK security wise, as does smf.

Except he is not asking about VBB, he is asking about FREE forums.

I love myBB, but phpBB is more SECURE than it. I've never worked with SMF so I can't comment on it.
 
phpBB is a good forum, I use it and haven't had any issues yet.
 
I think I am going to use PHPBB guys because they have alot of styles too.
 
I would pick SMF anyday over phpBB. phpBB haven't had a major release in over three years and they have had many security problems in the past.
 
I worked on trying to make a perfect modded versions of phpBB for about a year. Bilingual & cell phone campatible. Put several sites up. Hacked within a month even the not modded versions.

Hackers specifically search for it.

I changed to SMF before upgrading my site to vB. Only problem I had with SMF was it wasn't great out the box with Search Engine Friendly URLs. I used it for about 3 months then imported the data & users to vB no problems & no data was lost.

If you are going to make a site you may upgrade limit the mods you install.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom