Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Moving a domain out of Enom

Status
Not open for further replies.

tino

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm an Enom reseller. (And it seems like I'm the only one that has no problems whatsoever with Enom!)

But what if someone wants to move his/her domain out of Enom, to another Registrar. I've header numerous rumours about "Having to send a Fax" to "Have to send a letter on original company letterhead paper."

Is this true, or can I simply move a domain out of Enom like any other reseller?

Tino

FOR SALE: http://www.dnsrocket.com (Developed Domain Name site!)

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
It's becuase some people are new to enom (like me) and when they first try a transfer they see the fax option is defualt (like me) :)
It get's easier - and I've not had a problem with enom, like them a lot to.

It's best to "push" the domain to another enom account. The buyer can make the account free and take then take it from there.

R

rapidtransit

Originally posted by tino
Hi there,

I'm an Enom reseller. (And it seems like I'm the only one that has no problems whatsoever with Enom!)

But what if someone wants to move his/her domain out of Enom, to another Registrar. I've header numerous rumours about "Having to send a Fax" to "Have to send a letter on original company letterhead paper."

Is this true, or can I simply move a domain out of Enom like any other reseller?

Tino
Tino,

eNom has become easy to move domains into.

You're asking something different. If a user wants to move their domain to another registrar, it's incumbent on them to initiate the transfer from the gaining registrar's site, using whatevr procedure that regisrtrar demands. You really don't have anything to do with it except to make sure that you don't have REGISTRAR LOCK set on their domain name.

tino

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well,

Luckily this hasn't happened yet, but it's better to know in advance I guess. :)

Especially since I'm thinking of selling one of my domain name registration sites.

Thanks!

Tino

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom