• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Must I sell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

neologist

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
298
Reaction score
0
I know this is incredibly basic, but I've never been through it before.

I had a domain name for sale on Sedo and decided to withdraw it and use it myself. As luck would have it, someone made me a full price offer. I thought I would just point the name away from sedo servers and ignore the offer, but the folks keep renewing it. Cancelling the transaction didn't work. Like a zombi, it keeps coming back to life. Is it ok for me to say the domain is no longer for sale? Or should I just wait until they give up?
 
I think if someone offers the asking price , then it is a binding case.
I am not sure though..never happened to me
i hope someone else will be of help
 
it's not binding you have to agree to the sale.... the reason it probably still shows on Sedo is because of parking revenue..

if I were you i'd send them an email ask them to remove...
 
Thanks Simon. Gulp. that's why I'm ignoring. Maybe they will think I'm dead.
 
Just because someone agrees to your price does not mean you have to sell.

Just don't accept the offer as stated above.

Call / Email Sedo and tell them you received the offer but the domain is no longer available.

-=DCG=-
 
Exactly why Sedo is crap.

If someone offers your asking price it should be a sale.
 
according to tos for sedo sellers, you are legally obligated to sell the domain if it was set at a "fixed price" (assuming that price is met)
 
mark said:
according to tos for sedo sellers, you are legally obligated to sell the domain if it was set at a "fixed price" (assuming that price is met)
yea, they stated it everytime you add a domain. If you have a set price and someone match it, you have to sale it. I believe that's why most ppl set price as make offer
 
Offers via Sedo generally aren't enforceable, and thus Sedo (similar goes for Afternic) won't do anything beyond perhaps, assuming some complaints, canceling one's account; Sedo's focus is parking.

With all that said, it sounds like the seller simply changed their mind / the situation changed, especially if the listing has been on Sedo a long time ... if the seller has chosen not to sell, it's difficult to force them too; similar is true for buyers.

Ron
 
the sale price is just an invitation for buyer to purchase at that price, as long as you didnt agree on the offer from that particular buyer, it is still not consider a binding contract.

Unless there is any clause that states that when offer at fixed price is met... it will be binding..
 
If this price is what you would have sold if for then why not, unless you have big plans.
 
I think in this case the right thing to do is sell the domain
if they met your asking price - which is why you should never
set an asking price unless you are absolutely sure about selling
at that price. Better to list it as make offer, or set a minimum
offer. I'm not familiar with Sedo's terms, maybe it says something
different. Ofcourse, you can do whatever you want - and if
the buyer doesn't push it then no problem.
 
if it was set for a fixed price and he/she is refusing to honor that price, i agree.
 
I agree with the above statement however doubt legal action would ever arise.
 
who really cares, I own so many domains, listed at so many places now. or they was listed before i purchased them.

You are not obligated to sell. If sedo closes your account you have not lost anything.

If it becomes a big problem, then make some stupid agreements to the sell, like it must be paid in all silver 1 dollar bills with serial numbers beging with
123#####.

If they can obligate that request then give the name to them, you will get more for the money.......lol
 
It all depends on what your business ethics are. Look how some people here blow there stacks when a lot less formal deal like this falls apart. They act like their first born was stolen with the loss of a $300 sale.

If you didn't want to sell the name on Sedo, you should not have had the name for sale. It's that simple ... isn't it?

Shaun
 
exactly. this thread has been very interesting/revealing to me to see how different individuals operate... businesswise.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom