Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

cctld My dot travel domain got an offer from saudi arabia..5,000 usd

Status
Not open for further replies.

George Verdugo

Seasoned Domainer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Need some opinions on the offer i got ... The domain is the first word of there country. Please need advice

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Jorge,

That is a gem and I do not think I would sell that cheap.

SaudiArabia.Travel is reserved.

You are holding the cards here so I would hold for much more.

g

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would take the offer or counter offer - keep in mind - Offers like this are rare and die quickly.

If the first offer is $5000, I would counter offer with $15,000 US. and close the deal on their next counter offer. First word of the country, meaning it only says SAUDI? Either way, its a great offer. The market is awful and you can invest the money into a .com!

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
don't accept less than 50K

counter 75K

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Many Arabic countries are trying to diversify into tourism. 5k is a strong first offer. Did they email you? I would try to engage them in discussion before countering, find out as much as you can first about who is making the offer.

I got an offer of 5k on a first name .ca over a year ago. I countered with 15k and they declined and that was it. This is a different situation though, I think you'll do better than I did.

George Verdugo

Seasoned Domainer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes here what happened: the first email Comment: Hi,
> I'm looking to buy this domain how much you are looking for ?

the response was from me :Hi basem thanks for the inquirey on this premium domain name Sxxxx.Travel you are welcome to make an offer on this country domain , Thanks George
Hi
Thanks for your contact
I would buy it on 5000 usd

and his response was:

dn-101

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
.travel will go the way of .mobi
sellllllllllllllllllll

George Verdugo

Seasoned Domainer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
im thinking of building it out. during ramadan millions of millions travel over there to mecca.. i think this can be huge is there anyone who wants to partner in this venture ??? PM me

George Verdugo

Seasoned Domainer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if it is .travel take the money and run
hey stock i would do it but its a premium domain . i think this is just the begining of higher offers. saudi is a strong keyword with millions of links.. lets see what happens next.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hey stock i would do it but its a premium domain . i think this is just the begining of higher offers. saudi is a strong keyword with millions of links.. lets see what happens next.
It is huge. Not only do the Saudi travel a lot, as you say...Mecca!

The pilgrimages yearly is attended by tens of millions.

You know my thoughts on this.

Also, if the sale does not go through then definitely develop.

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

.travel will go the way of .mobi
Drat.

I wish someone had told me

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
don't be dumb enough to not sell...just make sure you get decent money

if you are not planning to sell....don't bother asking for help... because i surely would never buy it for $5000 or $500

George Verdugo

Seasoned Domainer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
don't be dumb enough to not sell...just make sure you get decent money

if you are not planning to sell....don't bother asking for help... because i surely would never buy it for $5000 or $500
I wont be dumb to sell it , but i think that the offer was great for U.S money but for saudi money it is 50 barrels of OIL , im not hurting for income my domains are doing well in the hispanic market and i do this full time. but thanks for your input.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Keep it, development and make millions... oh you want the truth, sell it fast before the chance is gone. :)

theinvestor

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey bigboy,

Why did you start this thread? The more i look into the thread.... the more i think you got NO offer and are just trying to promote yourself.

Are you interested in selling the domain? You don't seem to even acknowledge the suggestions... you just promote yourself/domain.

IMO !!!

George Verdugo

Seasoned Domainer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey bigboy,

Why did you start this thread? The more i look into the thread.... the more i think you got NO offer and are just trying to promote yourself.

Are you interested in selling the domain? You don't seem to even acknowledge the suggestions... you just promote yourself/domain.

IMO !!!
There are domainers in this thread that i have PM them the details , i have nothing in promoting myself , and yes im interested in selling. also i am getting a lot of pm's from domain professionals in this forum, and i acknowledge all the suggestions and feedback . I started this thread because i needed GOOD people to give me advice and knowledge , that's why i have a membership here because i want to learn and not ruffle anybody feathers . I make a very good living at this and i blessed to work from my underwear.

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

Keep it, development and make millions... oh you want the truth, sell it fast before the chance is gone. :)
thanks JP for yur advice im just waiting for the counter offer. if it doesnt happen i will develop it soon.

Maxwell

Formerly known as grcorp.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if it is .travel take the money and run

What he said. ".travel" is no good. It will run the route of .mobi, .tel, .pro, .ws, etc.

I've registered keywords as generic as "bored" or "condos" in uncommon extensions.

Since THEY contacted you, you definitely hold the cards here. My advice is to counter at $10,000... but don't get too greedy. You can land a minimum of $5,000 at worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom