• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

My moron of the week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nafti

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2006
Messages
407
Reaction score
84
On July 7th, I sent an email to the owner of halothemovie.com. I told him that I was interested in the name and was wondering on if he would sell it. He sent me a response back right away asking $8900 for it. The price for that name was too high for me so I didn't respond. Exactly a week later, he responds that I can get it for $6900 but I pay Escrow. It was still too high for me. Anyways, I totally forgot about the name.

So, guess which name dropped yesterday??? :) Unfortunately I didn't get it but for him to let this name go for free KNOWING that is has SOME value is beyond me. The only reason I can think of is that perhaps he got a C & D from Microsoft? If that is the case than I apologize for calling him a moron. :)It has also happened before to me as well. They will name a kinda high price and low and behold, they let it drop less than a year later. Anyone else had similar situations?
 
Thank you morons :)
Next time just make sure you catch it.
 
Next time just make sure you catch it.

True. :) I used 4 backorder services and low and behold, GoDaddy got it. lol Go figure. Well, Wild West Domains. At least I think that's who got it. I did a whois on the name who got it.
 
Did you bid @ Enom?

Looks like it was caught by jjhinvestments and they catch for Enom.
 
Whoever that domain belonged to was not being very bright. If they knew it was going to expire and thought it was worth that much why not renew, or at least contact the people who made an offer/feeler already! Sheesh, if they were short on cash they could have contacted nafti and said - "$50 and it's yours!"
 
Did you bid @ Enom?

Looks like it was caught by jjhinvestments and they catch for Enom.

Yes, you are right. Thank-you. :) I totally forgot to check eNom. I was just assuming it was caught by GD.

Right now it's at $80. The overtrue on this is 34 but I think the name itself has a lot of potential.
 
Whoever that domain belonged to was not being very bright.

My point is that that's just the way we like them. If someone wants too much $ then forgets to renew, you then have a shot on the drop. Why concern yourself that the other guy does not seem too bright? Would you do that in a poker game?
 
Sheesh, if they were short on cash they could have contacted nafti and said - "$50 and it's yours!"

I like the way you think Roy. :bounce:

But I don't think they were short on cash for some reason. :)
 
My point is that that's just the way we like them. If someone wants too much $ then forgets to renew, you then have a shot on the drop. Why concern yourself that the other guy does not seem too bright? Would you do that in a poker game?

No, a game a poker is a game of poker, but I feel for the stupid. Some people were given a thimble and others a cup when God gave out brains at birth.
 
this is business, you step into the boxing ring and you've made your choice...if you don't take $ from someone in a poker game then someone else will, if you don't grab a valuable domain from someone then someone else will..as far as brains are concerned it's not about what you have, it's about what you do with what you have...feelin philosophical today :)
 
Imho its typo for HALO (the movie)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0464037/
"After they crash-land on an artificial ring-world called "Halo", a marine captain, his surviving marines, and a genetically-and-surgically-enhanced supersoldier called "Master Chief" must find out what the Covenant, the genocidal alien race they are at war with, are looking for on the ring. However, Halo holds more secrets than either side imagined. "

And the OVT is probably not real because HALOMOVIE.COM, which is main source, has OVT only 29
 
Imho its typo for HALO (the movie)[/quite]

Actually no, I don't think so. Halomovie.com is just another domain/website for sell. Not sure if you know but Halo (and Halo 2) itself is the most popular video game(s) for XBOX. The game is so popular that they are making a movie about it (I.E. Tomb Raider). People are looking for info or trailers on Halo the movie and probaly type in both names and still find no proper info.

And the OVT is probably not real because HALOMOVIE.COM, which is main source, has OVT only 29

I think the ovt is real also. Hard to tell though. You maybe right. The bidding is still at $80 but I'm sure it will go up. I may put a bid in on it if it stays within reason.
 
I also cannot edit by post to fix the quote because I keep getting logged out and for some reason, it won't allow me to edit. :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom