Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

my nipples are hard

Status
Not open for further replies.

peekaboo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
just by looking at these digimedia holdings. that's gotta be one of the sweetest portfolios outthere. pheeewww.

i just wish what it would go for if sold in bulk? :-D

zen.com
webdesign.com
penpal.com
boyscout.com
recipes.com
prescription.com
trips.com
addiction.com
desserts.com
navigate.com
state.com
hoops.com
kites.com
bicycles.com
belt.com
bandanas.com
philippines.com
congo.com
iceland.com
yeah.com
org.com
your.com
shampoo.com
lotion.com
cigarettes.com
international.com
judo.com
lamp.com
tile.com
dress.com
boutique.com
discotheque.com
nightlife.com
international.com
lampoon.com
chairs.com
reminders.com
spaniard.com
peoplefinder.com
cyberfinder.com
punkrock.com
moviereviews.com
bathingsuits.com
candybar.com
austria.net

Domain Summit 2024

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
com.org would probably be their best holding because of the .org error redirector in ie.

I think that Elequa's and CNET's and Xedoc's top holdings are better than Digimedia's.

However digimedia owns so many generic typein .com's I couldn't even begin to imagine their daily revenues.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
...interesting thread title...good to know :wink:

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
RealNames said:
Not familiar with the org error redirector. Can you please tell us what that is?

http://www.com.org/info.php

Occasionally we receive inquiries from users who do not understand why they have accessed our site. Please be advised that you are not reaching our site as a result of spyware. We are not exactly sure why you have been directed here, however, we believe it is a result of the autosearch feature of Internet Explorer. If a site entered into the address bar cannot be accessed, Explorer apparently appends ".org" to the name and then tries to access that site. In the case of a search ending in .com, Explorer thus accesses our domain, "com.org." If you wish to turn off this behavior, we think it can be successfully accomplished by doing the following:

1. From the "Tools" menu, select "Internet Options".
2. Click on the "Advanced" tab.
3. Under "Search from the Address Bar", select "Do not search from the Address bar".
4. Click "OK".
5. You may need to restart your computer.

Please note that this does not solve the problem of why you could not access the original search term, and if that site is still not accessible (due to DNS problems, a server being down, network problems, a typographical error, etc.) you should now receive an error that the page cannot be displayed.
+++++++++
I've gotten this maybe 10 times myself.

peekaboo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
its just a shame that many of these domains are 'wasted' on ppc's.

i mean even philippines.com?

although they r doing their best 2 make it look pretty, and they should be applauded 4 that. i bet their design influences their visitors' clicks 2 b much higher than any others.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
producer said:
its just a shame that many of these domains are 'wasted' on ppc's.

i mean even philippines.com?

although they r doing their best 2 make it look pretty, and they should be applauded 4 that. i bet their design influences their visitors' clicks 2 b much higher than any others.
They "half" develop them with good looking graphics.

lukeeales

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
And most based on the same template.

I got bored, so the total OVT+EXT for those domains is 50,669...32,798 of which is taken by recipes.com. Bicycles and Philippines.com both get over 1k. The others are surprisingly low for me though, Webdesign.com only 95. I guess that shows how important OVT is...

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
wow, I had never seen com.org until I tried to access paypal tonight, my internet has been slow/crashing recently - all of a sudden, after typing in paypal.com - I get sent to com.org, pretty freaky since this is the first time its ever happened to me...and I just learned about it

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
As NT pointed out, com.org gets A TONNE of traffic.

In regard to webdesign.com, just shows how type ins aren't everything :)

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NameTower said:
com.org would probably be their best holding because of the .org error redirector in ie.
LOL, that's spyware, I had that too .. got rid of it fast. It's not part of IE, lol.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
really?

craptacular...

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just saw NT's post where the co. said it's not spyware. It may not be spyware, but they are taking advantage of the redirect, otherwise, it would just go to a blank page, but they have landing pages set up on every possible subdomain of ***.com.org.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I checked my Ad-Aware scan and it doesnt seem to be listed there

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GT Web said:
I checked my Ad-Aware scan and it doesnt seem to be listed there

I also run spybot, but still nothing, I don`t think thats spyware

QuantumBeam

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
my nipples are hard............. :-D :-D :-D :laugh: :laugh:

peekaboo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lukeeales said:
Webdesign.com only 95. I guess that shows how important OVT is...

well, i don't need overture results 2 tell me how valuable webdesign.com is. that goes for most of their names.

boutique.com gets only 137, but i would give up my unborn kid for it if u know whatta i mean :-D :-D

in regards to that, lots of generic terms get 'surprisingly' low overture returns with ext. yet, some crappy ungeneric terms get tons of results with ext. (because they belong to popular websites and ppl are used to searching 4 it.) which again goes to show u that website development is absoulte key in maximising the revenue and ultimately the selling price.

generic names + development = domain nirvana

just think if all their names were developed into good looking and popular sites. just imagine how many ovt results with ext. they would have then?

and finally, ovt results can't show search results from google, and that's where most people in the world (certainly in the u.s.) do their searches. so by relying on ovt searches, u r missing the biggest chunk of the actual searches done.

Digital Address

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Once wanted DNForum and got com.org. DigiMedia had a full blown search site with popups, -overs, -unders--the works!! (Sometime last year.) Have hated them ever since!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Days till Domain Summit

Days

Hours

Minutes

Seconds

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom