Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed my .org's

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wwww

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! This is my first post at this forum...it looks like a nice place, I guess I will stay for a while :D

However, I was always wondering what those names might be worth. Maybe you could give me a figure

wwww.org
4x.org
flowerpower.org

wwww.org gets around 100 unique hits each day. I don't know about the other two names yet, since I recently managed to snap them... :razz:

Thanks a lot for your replies!

Domain summit 2024

Flowerpower.org could get you $$$$ if you turn it into a 60's-70's Hippie portal :)

4x.org can get you another cool $1,000+

wwww.org nada. I dropped FFFF.net, if you like it grab it :D

T

Tee

2 character .com, net or org = very good.

I wish you much success in selling this name but don't wait. Dont get greedy. You have a rarity here. A curiosity. Sell it now while it has max value imo.

Good luck and much enjoyment!

J

jeroenp

can every1 take a look at my new topic plz i need professional advice
thanks

wwww

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey, thanks a lot for all your replies. ;)

I am not planning to sell any domains at this time, but it's great to know what they might be worth.
Maybe I will get rid of my 2-char domain in a few years when the market gets better again, but until then it will just hold a personal site...even if that sounds like a baaad waste :D

Hey TC, ffff.net has been taken already...sh... :mad:

wwww

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Tee
There may not be domain names in 2 years.....go for it now

Peace!

That would sound like a really boring life without any peace !!!

;)

Originally posted by wwww
Hey, thanks a lot for all your replies. ;)

Hey TC, ffff.net has been taken already...sh... :mad:

LOL sorry. I missed one F out, I meant to say FFFFF.net
For those of us that once programmed in hex/assembly in 8-bit computers, that was the RAM limit :D (64kb)

T

Tee

And it would actually be a lot worse.........

Great names ....good luck!

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by updatedsports wwww.org -$50 only because of the 100 uniques a day 4x.org- probably around $400 (maybe more) flowerpower.org -$0

If wwww.org truly gets 100 uniques a day it would be worth a lot more than $50., if from type-ins. In my opinion, a name averaging 100 type-in hits-day would have a value of $1,000 to $5,000., or even more, especially if a real-name, real-term or real-phrase.

The problem is how does it get these uniques? I see no way it could be from type-ins as why in the world would anyone type-in wwww? Even wwww.com would be unlikely to get any type-in traffic. It would be amazing if it ever happened for the org or other extensions.

If the traffic comes from search engines it would have far less value as that traffic could evaporate overnight if the SE dislikes something about your site and delists you, as Google is doing very heavily of late.

Another oddity is with that much unique traffic why is your website wwww.org mearly a simple 'hobby site' with little if any content, and no money making potential offers or ads? That seems strange, why not put traffic to work?

Please explain how the name gets so many uniques? Without knowing the facts a valuation would make no sense.

If we need rely only on your assertion regarding the traffic (which may be in error) I would agree the name is worth $50 or so, without any explanation or evidence about the unique hits.

wwww

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi, RealNames! wwww.org gets its unique hits from type ins as well as search engine traffic. I get emails from ppl sometimes that are surprised that this is an actual site they could come to, also a friend of mine found this site by mistake once, he had no idea that there is something, he just seemed to type some crap in, and voila, there was my site :D. The catch with wwww.org is that it is very close to www. Only type a w more and add an org and you are there. I also get a huge amount of spam from ppl who just don't want to give their email address away and then they just type something like ladkjf@wwww.org. Everyday I get emails like this in my catchall account.
I have measured this traffic with webalizer from my Aletia cpanel and I think it tells the truth (what do u think, TC?). These unique visitors vary from an average from 85 each day in some months up to more than 120 each day in other months.
But why do I only have my personal site there? Well, it's just simple. I like to have a decent address...even if it's just my personal site. It also gives me a pretty nice email address (I think). I have fun with it and I am proud if it :D and since I only paid the registration fee for it, I didn't really mind about those type ins and stuff...but maybe I should do it sooner or later...

Add a toblerone sig :D
Yeah, webalizer is correct but if I were you I'd gather the raw stats and parse them with Webtrends analyzer on your PC.

wwww

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by RealNames
How much do you want for wwww.org?

As I stated before, wwww.org is not for sale right now, since it is my main domain. I would confuse too many people if I had to move my site to a new place.

I was only wondering what it might be worth. What would you be willing to pay for it?

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I do not make any offers unless the owner first mentions a minimum price he expects.

This is a big problem in selling names or websites, the owner is usally reluctant to mention a price for fear his price may be way too high and scare the buyer away.

Or else the seller may think perhaps the buyer has deep pockets and does not want to quote a 'low' price.

A buyer does not want to mention a buy price for the same reasons, perhaps too high and fear he could get it for less, or too low so the seller does not bother to respond or reply.

I have his happen to me all the time, where someone emails me with interest in a name/website but for some odd reason they rarely if ever respond to my reply, even if I resend the email several times. :mad:

This is a major reason the reselling business is so poor, it's almost impossible to negotiate terms, especially with the very poor communications involved with most firms and individuals.

wwww

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would have guessed a value of around 500 $ especially when you look at the fact that wwww.info, .biz and .us all were grabbed in the sunrise period and that wwww.com and .net have been registered since 1997 or even earlier (I took the .org in feb 99). wwww.com has even been sold once (or has dropped and been grabbed immediately, I am not really sure about this).

Before you mentioned a value of 1-5k...after my explanations are you still okay with that?

I am just wondering... :confused:

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Perhaps you misunderstood, I never really wanted to buy it. Was just commenting on it and wondering how it could get all those unique hits.

In fact, I still wonder how it's possible, even after your explanation. Sorry, I still can't visualize how so many people type-in wwww.org into their browser.

I can't even imagine them typing-in wwww.com. I can't see why anyone would type-in www.org - with the correct number of w's, let alone 4 of them. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators