Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

NameRENTers.com - Good or Bad New Tool?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDM

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Have just received an announcement from RegisterFly. Seems their parent company (Unified Names, Inc.) has just introduced a new site that may be useful to many of us domain owners. Something akin to the late TrafficAvenue by the look of it. But all that glitters is not gold, so lets hear what others think about this new option, and how we might best utilize it - if at all - to our greatest advantage.

Here's (the greater) part of the Namerenters pitch:

Namerenters.com is a convenient way to monetize your domain inventory._ How many domains do you own?_ Chances are, if you are like the rest of us you own 25, 50, 100 maybe even 200 domains or more and earn money on a handful of them. Even with the brutal status of online advertising, there is a better way to earn money without having to resort to affiliate programs or other mechanisms.

WHAT MAKES IT BETTER?
NameRenters.com has negotiated deals with multiple providers to maximize your earning potential. Name Renters delivers unique content to each parked page by recognizing the meaning of the parked domain. This content includes domain names and pay-per-click results, all of which generate additional revenue for you.

HOW MUCH CAN I EARN!
Payouts start at $2.50 per CPM._ Considering many webmasters have a hard time selling advertising on their site for $.50 per CPM, this is a great way to make money with little effort.

The advertising market has dried up considerably, how do you make money from domains in your portfolio?__ Are you tried of joining affiliate programs who are mostly based on a per sale basis?_ What this means the options for making any sort of decent money for your idle domains is limited if not zero._ nameRENTers has taken a different approach, we have negotiated favorable_ rates for PPC services such as Overture, Kanoodle, Findwhat and passed on those great rates to our customers._ Our proprietary system ensures a better level of click-through and high-quality traffic thus ensuring better rates over a longer duration.

Using nameRENTers you will make on average $2.50 per CPM(1000 Impressions). As an example, if you have a high-traffic domains you own that gets 400,000 views per month you could earn an additional $1000.00 per month in revenue._ With advertising drying up to as little as .25 per CPM this is a very lucrative way to monetize your domain inventory. Our interface allows you to quickly add, delete names and manage your account.

HOW IT WORKS
You will need to change your DNS to ns.namerenters.com and ns2.namerenters.com or create an A record to a specified IP ADDRESS if you wish to keep your own DNS. Once this occurs and propagates, each time your domain name is accessed a sample page like below will appear._ Your domain name will appear in the title, to ensure the maximum level of effectiveness for our advertisers we have made the page and all the links text based. This usually results in much higher click-through rates. This is needed to ensure the CPM levels we offer to our clients.

The content/links are based on the domain name itself also ensuring relevance to the contact the visitor is seeking._ When a visitor selects a link they are brought to a search results page outside of the nameRENTers page you see below.

To see that search results page they mention and to read what else they have to say (which isn't much), visit http://www.namerenters.com/scripts/index.php

Thanks,
BDM

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My question to anyone considering NameRenters -- how many visits do your unused domains get? Are you going to make more than 20 cents a day "renting" your domain out?

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Namerenters is BS.
If your domain gets 400000 views a month, you will do better hook up yourself with a ppc or any other affiliate partner.Same "great" concept afternic had with their parked pages basically.

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I got an email promoting them from netfirms.com. I tried emailing namerenters at their support email address 3 times. Each time I got a error sent back saying it doesn't exist..yet they list it on their site. Seems odd to me.

RMF

BDM

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Have now had a similar experience to you, RMF. My second email to them has just been returned. How could they open their namerenters site and not have a working email system?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom