• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Naming your website Part 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2002
Messages
2,003
Reaction score
8
Four more examples of why you should think carefully when naming your website! The original post is here:
http://www.dnforum.com/thread163109.html

8. Want to holiday in Lake Tahoe? Try their brochure website at
www.gotahoe.com

9. Then, of course, there’s these brainless art designers, and their whacky website:
www.speedofart.com

10. If you’re looking for computer software, there’s always
www.ipanywhere.com

11. Welcome to the First Cumming Methodist Church. Their website is
www.cummingfirst.com

:-D
 
This is hilarious, even if these people didn't do this intentionally.
 
007 said:
Gotta love those. I think www.expertsexchange.com takes the cake though.

:-)

Oddly enough, I just went to it and it appears to no longer be online.. Did they change their name?
Looks like they've started using the hyphenated version.. [EDIT]Yes, they did use the unhyphenated version, but switched after they realized.. . Same goes for powergenitalia.com - they've changed their name :-D[/EDIT]
 
lol some of those were good.
 
Beachie said:
Looks like they've started using the hyphenated version.. [EDIT]Yes, they did use the unhyphenated version, but switched after they realized.. . Same goes for powergenitalia.com - they've changed their name :-D[/EDIT]

Surely the owner of the site would have realized the backlink traffic of the original domain though.. It's a shame he let it drop instead of keeping as a redirect..
 
007 said:
Gotta love those. I think www.expertsexchange.com takes the cake though.

That is my favorite too.

Can I share a real life example?

No joke, I wanted to name my business that would specialize in quickly creating logos and other branding graphics.

Unfortunetly I chose: brandsexpress.com
:doh:
 
Now, why couldn't I have thought of any of that. You guys would be talking about it for decades. *humph*
 
How do you find these?

Absolutely Hilarious :laugh: :laugh:
 
:deadhorse: lol nice ones..

..:: peace ::..
Jeba
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom