Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

.NET Zone File drops below 15 Million Domain

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Noticed the .NET Zone File is below 15 million domains.

Screenshot from 2017-10-08 10:28:33.png

Current total is 14,976,876 .NET domains in the zone file. There are 14,740,217 active domain names as of today.

Why are .NET domains dropping? What do you think this means for the future of .NET?

Commerce

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing .net is getting poached by the nTLDs, though why, I'm still not clear, with very few exceptions, I'm not a fan of the nTLDs.

I've actually tried to reach out to the .net marketing team, but never got a response.

I still hold some pretty darn good .net names and I'm still hoping to get around to developing, thought at my current rate of progress, I'll probably be retired when I do. :)

-Commerce

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
People like going with the hot new trends. Even they are stupid. :)

I'm guessing .net is getting poached by the nTLDs, though why, I'm still not clear, with very few exceptions, I'm not a fan of the nTLDs.

Does Verisign need to market .com and .net domains?

I've actually tried to reach out to the .net marketing team, but never got a response.

Everyone thinks this. I'll develop the domain someday. :)

I still hold some pretty darn good .net names and I'm still hoping to get around to developing, thought at my current rate of progress, I'll probably be retired when I do. :)

-Commerce

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom