• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDX

ZLA.com
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2004
Messages
1,651
Reaction score
20
:wave: guys!

Is .NET ever going to come out on its own (i.e., not be in the shadow of the "almighty" .Com)??
Will people ever "type-in" .NET instead of .COM?
Just curious as to what you guys think the future holds for this (IMHO) Beautiful Extention (PERFECTLY matched to the interNET).

Thanks!
 
I know some company that used .net especially in telecomm example savvis.net, they prefer to use their .net than .com.

I've used .net on some project because .com is not available. I prefer .net if this is network or internet related topic.

Cheers,
em
 
I really like .net...and have used it for my primary site over a .com. The site deals with a network of people in a specialized field...

Of course I did this about 8-9 years ago and wish I had gotten the .com as well...Live and learn.

I think we are seeing and will continue to seesome really good .net sales...but right now I own a few .net one word generics that I want to develop and have business plans written, but have held off because I want to buy the undeveloped .com...while it still may be had at under 100K...my concern is if I sink a lot of money into my great .net name...it will make the .com unobtainable...may already be unobtainable though.
 
Lots of companies (like Microsoft) seem to prefer .NET!
 
one word .net domains are soaring in value..and will continue to
 
Lots of companies (like Microsoft) seem to prefer .NET!

You are right.


Last year I sold a two word .net on Sedo for 2k.

I later found out microsoft bought the name from me...It was funny because I was kicking myself for selling the name at that price after finding out the buyer.
 
I love .nets. Great investment and fast-appreciating these days. I think it's the only gTLD extension I have made any real money in.
 
my auction for gramophone.net ended today on sedo.
upon payment (not completed yet) the sale price was $2999.

I've been on DNF for 3 weeks and will hopefully have an entry into DNjournal soon.

all because of a .net

my thanks to aZooZa for his appraisal on the domain
 
i like nets..i own couple of adult names that are nets....
 
.net is better only for telecommunication companys
 
poker sites with .com are more strong:)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom