• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale NetFirms Promoting .ca

Status
Not open for further replies.

djallan

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2004
Messages
58
Reaction score
0
Well NetFirms has not been one of my favourite registrars for .ca domains but they have been doing more to promote the .ca domain name than any other registrar.

Picked up a copy of the Hub Computer Paper yesterday and there is a full page article (a slight elaboration of NetFirms' press release of a couple weeks ago) about the .ca extension.

The article is available online at http://www.hubcanada.com/magazineonline.php?cid=3&pid=18
 
I find NetFirms to be the most incompetent, outdated registrar/hosting company anywhere. They are simply disgusting.

Unfortunately By the time i found out I had a small hosting account (cancelled) and over 50 .ca names reg'd. I am in the process of transfering these to $10

I recently sent an email asking how I could mass change contact info. I received this reply (after about a week)

Thank you for contacting Netfirms.

Netfirms does not act as a bulk domain name registrar since we list each domain name as a stand along product the contact information for each domain name would need to be updated manually.

These guys are obsolete, Stay Clear. My opinion only
 
Try www.Namespro.ca
I have used every registrar in canada over the last 8 years, and they have the best support by far. They also have bulk pricing.
 
Yes I saw that ad, and here in Toronto, they've also been heavily advertising in all the major dailies/weeklies for the past couple of months.

And Gary is right, their control panel is not very domain-friendly, their main biz is to get you into their hosting with their free domain offers, and that from what I've read elsewhere, the hosting isn't very good either - but I'm sure it's more than capable for your average joe with a few page, static website...
 
Agreed, of all the registrars I'm using, they have had consistently the fastest response times.
 
Can't agree more :D Namespro.ca is the best registrar by far!!
 
haven't tried namespro but i am very happy with the folks over at 10dollar .
 
I'm also a 10Dollar fan. I love the management tools and I can do a transfer through their system without people involved, and in about 24 hours.

Also, the few times I needed support, they answered the phone and helped right away.
 
I wasn't suggesting that anyone should buy a .ca through NetFirms.:no:
My personal experience with them was terrible and I would rather see a few more of my dollars go to NamesPro (my favourite too).
 
Thanks Ray

I have around 50 names at 10dollar now, Quite pleased with them.I realize Name pro are tops also. Perhaps i will see if I am entitled to a bulk discount?
At present 10 dollar charges $10.45 for .ca and NamePro are at 12.88. Either of these prices refect a discount.

It gets pretty demanding when the registrar makes domain management difficult, then one gets involved in the Cira confusion, then adding my limited tech skills to the pot, WoW, what a brew:rolleyes:

DJallen, we all know you were not promoting NetFirms, Thanks for the thread,
 
Last edited:
I use domainsatcost.ca, but now I'm thinking of namespro.ca.
 
Hey Nameslave

Good link, Thanks.

Probably been there before, but I believe my old bod needs a new memory chip :lol:
 
What do you guys suggest if i'm already with netfirms and i want to transfer all my domains to namespro? Is it possible to transfer them all at once?

To have to do them individually seems too much of a hassle.
 
What do you guys suggest if i'm already with netfirms and i want to transfer all my domains to namespro? Is it possible to transfer them all at once?

To have to do them individually seems too much of a hassle.

You can do a bulk transfer. If you have lots of them be sure to ask for a special price before doing so - they may extend it to you if you have enough domains.

Failing that you can always try - SAVEDOTCA - for $1 off each if the code is still working?
 
Thanks for the tip. Just emailed support for a bulk price.
 
I just requested a bulk transfer price from NamesPro and received it.

I must say these guys are really good.They offered to help me complete the stupid form CIRA wants in order for me to change my email. They are going to provide this service free, where 10 Dollar was going to charge me $50 (2 registrants)

So if I decide to keep my ca's all 100+ of them will be transfered to NamesPro, from 10Dollar & Netfims.

I also like them due to the fact their office is only a short ferry trip away.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom