• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

New Sony Micro PC / Just don't call it a UMPC

Status
Not open for further replies.
and just when I had all the good UMPC names Sony goes and starts their own category! Actually I do think this falls under the UMPC category...
 
what's that black stick behind I wonder...
 
Micro PC... Nice. and only $1800 buck too.

Still think GoPC is a better name.

;)

GoPC
 
4.5" LCD? PSP has a 4.3" LCD and it's a whole lot cheaper.
 
I personally have a Pocket PC but it is more of a PDA, however, it has a built-in phone. This does not but it is an actual fully working PC while mine is not. This looks really good, I remember reading about this generation of PCs quite sometime ago and it is good to see that they are finally available to the public.
 
I dont get it...

Where do you use these? At the Baseball game? At Disneyland?

I play games only at home. I don't go to the bar and hit on a chick by asking "Wanna challenge me in Mario Cart?"

Gaming is a hobby, not a life. If you need a break from reality while walking around friggin Disneyland playing video games... maybe your money is better invested in therapy...
 
LeeRyder said:
I dont get it...

Where do you use these? At the Baseball game? At Disneyland?

I play games only at home. I don't go to the bar and hit on a chick by asking "Wanna challenge me in Mario Cart?"

Gaming is a hobby, not a life. If you need a break from reality while walking around friggin Disneyland playing video games... maybe your money is better invested in therapy...

It is not meant for gaming, it is meant for all-purpose computing on the go. It is a very convenient way to have a fully functional PC with you at all times.
 
I can see gaming in a "GoPC" environment being usefull while spending time on a bus or airplane trip, or for your kids on the way to Disneyland, or Camping. Liek many of hte portable devices available today, it's mostly about convenience. The business "productivity" angle is an arguable selling point as well but in terms of true mobility, you need more that the OS to be productive while on the move.

GoPC
 
I got one a few weeks ago UMPC, the Samsung Q1 and don't use it for games but for Internet access. With all the free wi-fi hotspots in the city I can always keep track of my domain empire!
 
demo said:
I got one a few weeks ago UMPC, the Samsung Q1 and don't use it for games but for Internet access. With all the free wi-fi hotspots in the city I can always keep track of my domain empire!

I have an unlimited data plan with mine, unlimited broadband access on the go pretty much anywhere. I am sure you can get one for yours as well. WiFi connections are not very secure for one and they aren't exactly everywhere. I wouldn't risk having your information stolen while on a free WiFi connection.
 
Good point Dr. Domainer... I'll have to avoid logging on to paypal, adsense, etc. while I'm on the go.

Still for just browsing the web it is excellent!
 
demo said:
Good point Dr. Domainer... I'll have to avoid logging on to paypal, adsense, etc. while I'm on the go.

Still for just browsing the web it is excellent!


Well said.
 
I am going to pass on getting any domains in this format as Sony is the only player.

For anyone with micro or umpc domains I will be putting a site http://www.umpcnames.com which will feature only umpc (and micro PC) domain names - very similar to the excellent Wii name site http://www.wiinames.com.

:-#
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom