Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed New URLs Needed!

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mike

I think alot of entities which are already on the net have hung their proverbial hats on some pretty lousy domains for their websites and are in need of new domains. They currently have ugly urls which would be judged worthless if put up for appraisal here by one of us. You know the ones. You have seen them on the net, heard them on the radio, or seen them in print or on TV. If you are anything like me, they drive you wild. I think to myself "how can they get away with using such a sucky URL?"

Please post lousy URL's you know of now, or come across in the future, which are CURRENTLY BEING USED by companies, non-profits, government agencies, etc.!

This is like a reverse domains wanted in that we determine which entities could benefit most from acquiring a new URL in the aftermarket.

My "New URL Needed" example is......md-electric-info.com!

What is that url for?
Its the official site for the Maryland Public Service Commision. They run several ads weekly on two 50,000 watt radio stations. The announcer rushes thru the fluffy 60 second script and stumbles thru saying the address only once. It drives me nuts. They're wasting a multi-million dollar radio ad budget to promote a three word double--dash domain, when they probably could buy mdelectricity.com for $1500 to $5000 and cut the wasteful, expensive ads to effecient and economical 20 second spots. And imagine how many more people would actually visit them with their new domain. Please, if you have a better domain than md-electric-info.com for them, contact them with your proposal, they really need a new URL.

And don't forget, Please post your "New URLs Needed" here.

Thanks,
Mike Sernocky

URLDEPOT.COM
info@urldepot.com

Domain summit 2024

ad-lib

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
My "New URL Needed" example is......md-electric-info.com!

What is that url for?
Its the official site for the Maryland Public Service Commision. They run several ads weekly on two 50,000 watt radio stations. The announcer rushes thru the fluffy 60 second script and stumbles thru saying the address only once. It drives me nuts. They're wasting a multi-million dollar radio ad budget to promote a three word double--dash domain, when they probably could buy mdelectricity.com for $1500 to $5000 and cut the wasteful,
Extremely stupid of them. Like you said, spending all that money on Advertising. Yet cannot even get a non-hyphenated version of there name. Which isn't even good to begin with. Probably set them back $300 to buy. Blah.

And sorry I couldn't contribute any sites with ridiculously garbage/long names. I rarely surf the web. Except for a select few webmaster boards. So I wouldn't know.

M

mike

Yes, it is an incredible waste and an ineffectual ad campaign to boot. They could just as well include an info page insert (comparatively very cheap to do) in our utility bill informing the public whatever it is they want us to know. But no, they want to mass advertise a triple-word double--dash domain with an acronym to boot. I'm starting to think they don't care. Maybe they want a weak URL so they can spend all their advertising budget on print, tv, and radio contracts. Use it or lose it. What the hell, its not their money, its just the taxpayers. In a way, it's a circa 1999 .com cross-media megawaste, burn thru the cash as fast as you can, ad campaign.

The intention of this thread is to list marginal URL's being used by existing brick and mortar companies. I think they could make good leads for those of us that have urls relevant to their brand or industry.

So, what I think I am going to do is this. I think I am going to abandon this thread here, polish it up and repost elsewhere on the board as the appraisals section seems inappropriate. Oh yeah, sorry about the double test post about this. I thought I was just editing this one, not reposting it.

Over the next week or so I am going to polish the strategy I am trying to get across here and compile a list of real url's from different industries that are in use by entities of some means which have some flaw or weakness which makes them a good potential new url sales lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators