Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

New VB 3.5 issues being worked on

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

impactadmin

Please post all new issues as of Nov 14 2005 in here.

Issues being worked on:

1. Warning points issue
2. Signature link

Please post all issues that you encounter on the forum in this thread. :)

Thank you
Huseyin,

Upvote 0
Domain Summit 2024

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I see no warning level, trader rating, or ANYTHING under Denny007 or anyone else for that matter.

If possible, please bring back trader ratings as soon as you can. The rating and feedback are very useful when buying/selling domains. It conveys a higher level of confidence than just assuming that if someone has no warning points they are safe to deal with. My TR was around ~80 when it went out, which demonstrates to my buyers that they can trust me to transfer the domain without a hitch, and saves money unnecessarily spent on Escrow. I would really like to preserve this hard-earned reputation, if possible.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Note to techs: I am guessing the reason some people see the bans is they are in a secondary group that has it enabled. Check the usergroup settings for DT Exchange and FAB.

LewR

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I still need to log in everytime I come to the site - will this issue be addressed?

Yes - the "Remember me" box is checked

Yes - I sent this problem on a trouble ticket as well last week

I

impactadmin

For the users who still have cookie issues,please do the following steps exactly as described, exactly in order:

Note - one or all of these should have an immediate effect if you are using either IE or Firefox. If you are using Mozilla (Netscape) and have these problems - you may have to go into your file manager and delete temp files from there.

1. Do a "hard refresh" in your browser window - which means press CTRL F5 (press and hold the CTRL key and then the F5 key)

Try again and see if you still have the same problems. If yes (same problem still happening),

2. Use the following address to force cookie clearing. (http://www.dnforum.com/mycookies.php) (put a checkmark in) all boxes - even if there is no cookie listed on the page, click Delete. When you are returned to the page, LOG OUT of the forums (if you are logged in), CLOSE THE BROWSER (and all other browser windows that may be open), and re-open the forums by typing in the address www.dnforum.com and log in again. BE SURE TO put a checkmark in the "Remember Me" box when you log in. If you have the dnforum in your favorites (or bookmarks), remove it and do a new favorite or bookmark once you are logged back in.

Try again and see if the problem is resolved.

3. If you are still not able to log in and you have performed steps 1 AND 2 EXACTLY as shown, go to Tools; Internet Options and delete Temp files and cookies there. Log OUT of the forum (if you are logged in), close all browser windows, delete the URL from your favorites (or bookmarks), and reopen a browser window and type in the www.dnforum.com address and log in again. BE SURE TO put a checkmark in the "Remember Me" box when you log in.

Try again and see if the problem is resolved.

If you have done EVERYTHING IN THIS THREAD - EXACTLY and in the order posted - then please post here.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Signature images for Exclusive members only point to dnforum.com. I try to enter another url and it doesn't link to the url.

I

impactadmin

jdk said:
Signature images for Exclusive members only point to dnforum.com. I try to enter another url and it doesn't link to the url.
Hi,

We are working on a solution to the link issue.
A short term solution to this, is upload your banner again now with the desired link and it will work.

You will have to upload it twice the first time and after that will be fine.

Thanks
Huseyin,

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It may be because in the url field in the table you are using UPDATE and since there is nothing there it doesn't update it. It then makes it dnforum.com by default and the next time you upload the image dnforum.com is in the field and it can UPDATE it. You can either make the default dnforum.com or use an IF statement and say if there is no image and no url for the sig banner INSERT the data, ELSE UPDATE the fields.

I

impactadmin

jdk said:
It may be because in the url field in the table you are using UPDATE and since there is nothing there it doesn't update it. It then makes it dnforum.com by default and the next time you upload the image dnforum.com is in the field and it can UPDATE it. You can either make the default dnforum.com or use an IF statement and say if there is no image and no url for the sig banner INSERT the data, ELSE UPDATE the fields.
Our tech has gone through the code and corrected the signature issue.
You should be able to upload your signature banners properly now without having the link default to Dnforum.com

Thank you for the suggestion JDK.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Also they should open in a new window, like all the other external links.

teclance

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GiantDomains said:
I agree.

I

impactadmin

GiantDomains said:
Are you referring to the signature banners?

I believe they do open in a new window, at least for me when I click on it.

Does it not open in a new window for you?

Huseyin,

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
impactadmin said:
Are you referring to the signature banners?

I believe they do open in a new window, at least for me when I click on it.

Does it not open in a new window for you?

Huseyin,
They do now, but not before (from day 1).

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
impactadmin said:
Our tech has gone through the code and corrected the signature issue.
You should be able to upload your signature banners properly now without having the link default to Dnforum.com

Thank you for the suggestion JDK.

Thanks, this is my specialty

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Still seems to double post whenever I use the quick reply box.

I

impactadmin

cyphix said:
Still seems to double post whenever I use the quick reply box.
Hi,

Did you press the 'Post quick reply' twice?
Sometimes there is a small delay when clicking on it.

Have you had it occur multiple times or just once?

Thank you
Huseyin,

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Latest Comments

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators