Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed Newbie needs your Appraisal!

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Coon

Hello everybody,

I'm new to this community and would like to start of by seeing what you all think of the domain that I have owned for quite a bit and would like to sell sometime soon. The domain is www.goodgamer.com and has been up for at least 5 months. The domain currently has a website on it, but it only receives about 10 hits a day.

Can I please get you all's appraisal on my domain name, www.goodgamer.com? It should be a very good gaming domain name. Thanks to all in advance! ;)

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bad name,

but developed.

name only = $0

name with site - $250 or more...

C

Coon

For what reason is the name so bad? It can be used for a site that has one game on it and people can play for high scores, or it can be for a codes & cheats site to make you a good gamer?

Can you please give me more detail, because I have never really gotten any professional or good comments on this domain.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You could exploit 'good' in "goodgamer" to list only good games
without violence or explicit gore.
Change font in main paragraph. Too large compared to other text
in website.
fill in area beneath the big blue logo.

value now=$200

TrafficMonsterRRR

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
okay Coon, you are about to get the comlpete brain dump because it looks like you have put a lot of work to this site and you deserve the feedback.

Your site is undoubtedly "good" as your name also implies while it is obviously still under serious development (meaning you have some ways to go to be ready for prime time).

There are typos to be corrected and links to be fixed. You need to link to your home page from all your pages and stuff like that.

Ther are some good news of course.
Your undertaking to collect game cheats, organize and classify them in this query-friendly format sets forth a valuable product/commodity; your site's overall appearance is pretty good.

I noticed your page isn't linked. Have you taken the time to submit to search engines and if yes, have you tweaked your meta tags?

Now let's talk about the name. What does a good gamer have to do with game cheats? I thought good guys finish last precisely because they don't cheat.

I like the sound of a "good game" though. Nothing is better than a good game, it may even be better than a winning game (or a cheating game for that matter). A good game is everything.
Is a good gamer a player who plays a good game? Are you offering good games on this site or are you educating good gamers into being cheating gamers?

I don't think goodgamer is the appropriate name for a game cheating site. Maybe turbogamer or smartgamer. I am not saying your should take your site down. All I am saying is keep trying until you get the right combination and balance.

pixelman

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
It is an ok name. At least your users can recall the URL easily.

C

Coon

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, the domain name is a little bit off, but I was thinking of taking the content down and putting it on some other site, while trying to sell this domain.

What do you all think the domain is worth? Just the domain. After I get an appraisal for just the domain I will see what I will do. I might just sell it or build another site under that domain that has something to do with gamers that are good.

TrafficMonsterRRR

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Given what was said earlier and Coon's decision stated above, domain name only valuation fof GoodGamer.com:

Retail- need to be promoted and buyers sought out ?$- $175
Wholesale -resell to ppl like us here: $15-$75

Bottom line :memorable, solid (each constituent) 2 word dot com with some difficulty to associate content due to word combination not being a common phrase, action, good or product

C

Coon

Thanks, what would be the best way for me to find someone who wants to buy it for about $100?

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Coon
Thanks, what would be the best way for me to find someone who wants to buy it for about $100?

How are you profiting at $100...you did maybe 10 hours of web design? Your price should be $ 300 at least. Maybe reg a better name, use it with that site, and sell for $1000.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by President Gringo
he has already stated he is selling the name, not the site.....so the site will be transfered to a more suitable domain.

Oh, makes more sense :)

P

President Gringo

Originally posted by doberry

How are you profiting at $100...you did maybe 10 hours of web design? Your price should be $ 300 at least. Maybe reg a better name, use it with that site, and sell for $1000.

he has already stated he is selling the name, not the site.....so the site will be transfered to a more suitable domain.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by BigFart

Re: doberry = Professional?

a pro would never start off with a comment "Bad Name". The two words make sense together so it couldn't be bad. You want bad, just have doberry list a few of his. LMAO

Coon, if you know it's good it doesn't matter what anybody here tells you. Check out more of doberry's appraisals, you're in the best of company :D

Even after all this "doberry is still the man" (cough)

When did I say I was a pro appraiser?:confused:

:cry:

jag5311

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Damn, those are some high appraisels for the domain. I mean, I had gamecubecheats.net with lots of Stats, good search name recognition, and I am selling it for $175, with my files/html to INTERBUY from this forum. I was told I should look around $500, but I had no takers at that price. It only fetched $75 on ebay. So I made a deal and went with $175. I will tell you something, my domain may be worth $500, but to maybe 1 person. Finding that 1 person is like finding a needle in a haystack. My 2cents.

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
doberry is the king of the $0 appraisal. :razz:

This place is starting to become the opposite of the old Afternic (where this name would prob appraise for $90,000) The truth is somewhere in the middle.

uuallan

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by -RJ-

This place is starting to become the opposite of the old Afternic (where this name would prob appraise for $90,000) The truth is somewhere in the middle.

You mean $45,000 :D?

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No way. More like $50-100 :) Didn't say in the exact middle.

C

Coon

Thanks guys. Now I have to look for someone who wants to buy it. Do you all think someone would buy it for a hundred dollars here?

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
we can all guess, but whats the use...just put in 4 sale section....:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom