Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

No redistribution of stolen names - Afilias

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anion

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
During a telephone conversation earlier today, Afilias declared that they would not redistribute names currently claimed with a phony trademark that were not included in the second .info landrush(such as california.info). The also ruled out a third .info landrush and refused to discuss the accreditation status of Bondi LLC or its "partner" Paravara networks. When I asked about YESnic, the gentlemen I spoke with said that it was an issue for ICANN to deal with.
Cheers,
Anion

Anion

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by bidawinner
Anion,So what ARE they going to do with the names then?

(thanks for the update)

From the way the conversation went, it appeared that they were going to allow fraudulent claimant to keep any names they claimed.

Cheers,
Anion

hanogl

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Strange, exactly a week ago you posted exactly the same message on the Icann board, also claiming the phone call had been "today"........

Hans

Anion

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by hanogl
Strange, exactly a week ago you posted exactly the same message on the Icann board, also claiming the phone call had been "today"........

Hans

Right, It was the day that I posted it upon the ICANN public comments forum, I decided to repost it here after realizing that everyone had migrated from the ICANN public comments forum to this board. I did have this conversation with Afilias. I have been wanting to get my hands (through fair and honest means) on a few good .info names.

God bless you,
Anion

hanogl

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm one of the migrants myself. And I'm also still hoping for an LR3 or equivalent, guess that's why I'm triggered so easily by your posts :)

Hans

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom