• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale Noob Question - Best Place to Snag .ca Drops?

Status
Not open for further replies.

doobee

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2007
Messages
438
Reaction score
2
Hi,
I'm aware of CIRA's TBR list, but I'm not clear on the best ways to register a drop. Is there an equivalent of "snapnames" for .ca domains? If so what are my choices? Is there any software that can do this for me? Thanks in advance.
Dov Katz
 
Yes, not sure why but people who order thru Pool seem have a high success rate.
 
I've heard just the opposite about Pool (low success rate) but I did place backorders there. I just found out about sibername.com and put some bids in there for the upcoming TBR drop. Just wondered where else I might do the same? Anybody have any luck with .ca drops elsewhere?
 
If you go the CIRA homepage they maintain a list of all the registrars.
 
If you go the CIRA homepage they maintain a list of all the registrars.

Any recommendations? I wouldn't think that they all offer a drop catching service.
 
When you are logged into Sibername TBR section they have a list of the last TBR results which shows who won what domain. Thats handy to see who is actually getting the better names.

As noted else where some big action this Wednesday.
 
Ok, today Pool grabbed 7 out of the 10 domains I was interested in out of the TBR drop! Time will tell, but that's a pretty good batting average. Now I just have to get through the 5 day auctions.
 
And do you have to pay $60 for the names (minimum) if you are interested? is sibername cheaper than pool or are they both at $60? I tried to create an account on both sites, and found it confusing to locate a .ca at pool. Sibername, even more confusing.

-GM
 
Sibername is an auction format - runs anywhere from the minimum $15 to whatever people are willing to bid. Pool is a minimum $60 US for any backorder - if you are the only bidder you pay the $60. If there are other people interested in the same domain you go to auction. If you lose the auction at pool you don't pay anything.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom