Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed NXC.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

How much do you think NXC.com is worth?

The company we purchased the assets from registered for and used NXC.com since early 1996. We own the trademark/usage rights which the former company owned.

It's a good, memorable three letter domain. It ends in a "C", so companies with three-word names ending in "Corp." or "Co." can use it. E.g., if a company were called "National Exchange Corp.", this would be a good name for such a company.

Comments?

Steve Miller
Archematics

Domain summit 2024

Petey

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
a "b" level three letter. "X" is a tricky initial, unless deadly obvious as a tech company.

I think you can expect $500-$3k in the best aftermarket conditions, and maybe $5k to an end user. There are many 'b' level three letters going for as little as $300 on Afternic these days, though, so take what you can get.

Petey,

Thanks for your comments. The old company paid $6,000 for nx.com in early 1999, but that company was a a tech company. Maybe we need to hold and search for tech companies.

Steve Miller

Petey

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
While 2 letters are always prestigious, since the dot bomb, I would say from very deep experience that it's safe to peg their decline in value at as much as 60%. Two letter domains simply don't help convey prestige in all but the most geeky circles, and those buyers are seriously few and far between.

That's not to say they aren't liquid: they are perhaps THE most liquid segment of the domain market. It's just that their liquidity is a quarter of what it once was.

The best way to score high is to put the page live with a form, and wait for the right buyer to come in.

In the event that you are looking to unload it at cost, or slightly over the $6k investment, let me know and I will be happy to find you a buyer. Either way, good luck.

Petey

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators