• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Odd offers on Sedo

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbdomains

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2003
Messages
155
Reaction score
0
I have a domain currently listed on Sedo that I have had since 1998. Day before yesterday, I got a very low offer for it on Sedo. I responded that I wasn't interested in such a low price and gave an extremely high counter offer. I would have sent the response without a counter offer, but the Sedo form wouldn't send my response without it.

Yesterday, I got an offer from the same bidder for $1 more than the previous I turned down. I thanked him and declined, again with a high counter to make the point that the offer was too low.

Today, I got another offer for 12 times what the previous offers were from a different buyer.

This is the first interest expressed in the 2 years that it has been listed on Sedo, and all in 2 days.

I am wondering if anyone has noticed a similar pattern with domains they have sold on Sedo. Does Sedo have employees who bid on behalf of clients, and use Sedo's own system to do it? Could it be the same person with 2 different accounts?

Anyone have experiences with Sedo where the contracted buyer ended up not paying?

Thanks
 
dbdomains said:
Could it be the same person with 2 different accounts?
yeah, all you need is more than one email address. Since the offers came consecutively with no prior interest in 2 years..it's probably the same person.

dbdomains said:
Anyone have experiences with Sedo where the contracted buyer ended up not paying?
no...never...lol :wink:
 
i had a non paying buyer at least twice :/ oh well lol
 
Yes I have had a non paying buyer. It is very annoying when that happens.
 
sneakers.com said:
i had a non paying buyer at least twice :/ oh well lol
I was just being sarcastic Roy :-)

I think we all have had offers that were just a lot of chaff..
 
I won't say much at this point, other than I'm 4 days away from filing a lawsuit.
 
"I won't say much at this point, other than I'm 4 days away from filing a lawsuit."

It's about time.
 
Thanks for all the responses. I thought that that was the whole point of using Sedo and Afternic and the like.

Now I am curious as to the real value of the domain. It went from under $100 to over $1000 overnight.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom