• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Oh boy what a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majnoon

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2005
Messages
642
Reaction score
0
today I made a deal and agreed to sell a name at sedo for $xxxx. after agreeing on the price i realised that i do not own the name. I own the plural version of the name. I must have forgotten the S when i was adding it to sedo.

I have just emailed Sedo with the mistake and waiting to hear from them. I hope they don't terminate my account.
 
Hope you are ok in sedo. If you speak very nicely and apology (which I assume you did ;), I think they will show sympathy.
 
today I made a deal and agreed to sell a name at sedo for $xxxx. after agreeing on the price i realised that i do not own the name. I own the plural version of the name. I must have forgotten the S when i was adding it to sedo.

I have just emailed Sedo with the mistake and waiting to hear from them. I hope they don't terminate my account.

Since it was a mistake I don't see why they would terminate your account. I think they need to implement a verification system anyway - I own two domains that I never listed on sedo and they show up on there for sale. I think the responsibility should be up to them to since they provide the service.

:greensmile:
 
Thanks Tekz and kingpin

let us hope they understand.
 
What about the buyer.... do you expect a good lashing from them or have you straightened it out with them already?

Ouch... what a day!

GoPC
 
SEDO is full of "mistakes".
A while ago, someone had the domain "co.uk" for sale!
now it still has 2-letter biz/info/us domains...
 
it should not be a problem, as i had the same thing happen to me.

just explain the error and they can refund the money to the buyer.
 
i think as long as no money exchanged hands and you told them it wouldnt be an issue
 
They always verify mine before listing them, I thought that was the standard procedure.
 
Sedo will probably understand a mistake like this...it's an easy and common mistake.
 
thanks every1. Am still waiting to hear back from them. I think they will understand. what is strrange they normally auto verify through whois details i don't know how this manged to pass this test.
 
OH great news. sedo understood the problem and sorted it out for me.

Brad Tilley was superb He fixed the problem.
thank you Brad.

majnoon
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom