• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Omg Im going crazy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NAS125

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2006
Messages
360
Reaction score
0
What does "digg" mean?! Could someone please clear this up for me!
www.digg.com - What does it do?!
Thanks... Nicolas
 
you post cool stuff (articles, websites, scripts, movies, games, etc) and if people like it they "digg it" and it moves higher up the site.

I'm sure you could find this stuff at Wikipedia...
 
im trying to figure out what yahoo.com means...
 
Hey thanks GT!!!
So, I can add my site to digg.com?
Is it advertising in a sense?
 
Can you dig it? :D
 
Life's a garden. Digg it
 
Hey thanks GT!!!
So, I can add my site to digg.com?
Is it advertising in a sense?

1) Go to www.digg.com
2) Register
3) Post content

Is it really that hard to figure out for yourself?

:rolleyes:
 
Why are you being a jerk? Domainers help each other, even if it isn't domains. Sheesh.

Thanks Giant!

Easy to see why this forum is going downhill when you see an admin make a post like that.

Seriously, sometimes people need to figure things out for themselves. If you go to www.Digg.com anyone should be able to understand it.

So, I can add my site to digg.com?
There is a "Join Digg" link at the top of the site...

www.digg.com - What does it do
From the digg.com homepage: Digg is all about user powered content. Everything is submitted and voted on by the Digg community. Share, discover, bookmark, and promote stuff that's important to you!

Then there's this page about Digg: http://www.digg.com/about
Then there's a page on how it works: http://www.digg.com/how


Its not about being a jerk, its about being slightly self-sufficient.
 
Digg should be included as a new definition in the Webster dictionary ;-)
 
I must admit: I myself have a hard time understanding many of the new "Web 2.0" services. Digg is new to me; I understand the concept but am still unsure how to utilize it as a promotional tool.

Can you create 500 digg accounts and make your content #1 whenever you want? :)
 
Can you create 500 digg accounts and make your content #1 whenever you want? :)

Maybe, but they would probably catch on quite quickly and you would be banned.

Your best bet is to simply submit your pages/content AND "digg" some cool content from other people. You wont usually get a ton of traffic from digg (which is basically useless anyway, low CTR and eats tons of bandwidth) but it does help Google index your pages and should get you ranked higher in Google, Yahoo and MSN.
 
Hey, thanks everyone who helped out!
I am glad all the "beefs" have been worked out!
It is true, it is too bad experienced players have little patience for newbie questions! This forum is a community, lets keep it tight...
I did not want to bumb the thread by adding another comment, but now that this comment has been added, I might as well say...
Giantdomains - Go ahead and close this thread! I have received my answer, and there is no need for more unnecesary comments!
Thanks all... Nicolas
 
Actually, I think this thread can help teach people about how to effectively use digg.com

As I said in my PM to GD, asking "what is digg" is pointless, since one can find it out easily by visiting their site.

However, asking how to use digg to effectively promote your sites is something much more useful to discuss. I believe digg should be a part of promoting ALL of your websites.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom