• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Overture is DEAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read it on the Warrior Forum. It seems Yahoo is dropping it.
 
huge difference between "dropping it" and "it's dead".. been rumored long time ago and is scheduled to be decommissioned around Panama timeframe
 
Something bigger and better will take its place... The standard overture tool was a pain in the ass anyway...
 
I made a thread about this a month ago...

Its going...going...
 
Ovt tool isn't dead. It is just slow and very often timed out. My program to query ovt values still works, but with many more times of retries.

All the other sites online that seem to work is because they retry the submission multiple times. And probably also because they are not in the US or querying from overture.com from a less busy server.

I haven't try it, but if I use proxy to query overture to check ovt, I will probably have a better chance to get result back.

Just to confirm, those who can get ovt values from any other websites, can you please tell me where you are located? Thanks.

Kawing
 
I'm using the keyword tool right now. Works slow - but it works.
 
At times it's just not functional
I have the Japanese IDN Keyword Advice Tool (what they call it in Japanese) my traffic shot from 70 unique users a day to over 250 yesterday just because people are looking for tools that work...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom